Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

8 weeks westside for beginners - 2nd run

the koala

allright

new prs: bench 97,5kgs (+5kgs); squat 147,5kgs (+10kgs)

well... after the 97,5 on bench i loaded the bar with 102,5 (i felt lucky), i gave the bar the initial push, then it was over....

on squat i loaded the bar to 152,5kgs after the 147,5kgs,.... i got out of the hole like 5-6cms and then got stuck and strained without moving for like 2-3 seconds,.... nevertheless i know that on a very good day i can get the 152,5kgs!

as for weakpoints, they're still the same

i have to admit that as opposed to the first run, where i really strictly held to the program as far as i could, that i fooled around quite a bit on the second run

my weakpoint on bench is still those few centimetres after the initial push from the chest to the point where the tris take over,
i really think that my shoulders are the problem, i recently did some military pressing and could barely do 50kgs for 3 reps, whereas i do jms press flat for like reps of 10
and somehow i have the feeling that i don't benefit at all from plate raises or the likes, cause i do them almost religiously to get my shoulders up and still don't see any carryover...

on squat my weakpoint is still out of the hole....

i'll post a workoutplan i try to design by myself the next couple days, on bench i try really focus on 'strength off the chest' and on squat i'll throw in some olympic squats because my glutes are really sore after a couple sets of them

also i figured that on my squat training less is actually more, i didn't really do much for squats, just the ME exercises, some ghrs, abs and DE work, that's about all, still my squat increased by 10kgs....

Top Bottom