Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

7 days a week overtraining between cardio and weights?

Slyder190

I hit the weights 4x a week and cardio 3-4x a week. Some days are just cardio obviously, but I go 7 days a week every week. Over-kill?

When do you expect your muscles to recover? I would recommend taking at least one day off just to recover.

Depends who you ask................and what you are on............are what you do with the other 23 hours in the day......

Your body can and will adapt. If you're not used to doing all that, then suddenly jump into it, you may overtrain. Introduce that over a couple months time or so, and you should be alright. Still, as a mental thing, I'd take a day off anyway. At least one.

Cardio doesn't really contribute to overtraining unless your cardio is particularly taxing of a certain muscle group, eg legs.

casualbb said:
Cardio doesn't really contribute to overtraining unless your cardio is particularly taxing of a certain muscle group, eg legs.

Sounds logical.....

but what about CNS fatigue ?

I should correct myself, I was too general.

Excessive, EXCESSIVE cardio combined with weights can lead to a state of overtraining. Also, cardio can contribute locally to fatigue in heavily involved muscle groups.

Well-designed cardio should be aerobically taxing but not muscularly taxing. For instance, swimming.

Some cardio IS muscularly taxing, like cycling. That probably will fatigue your legs, although it won't contribute to overtraining at normal levels.

Seems as if the debate rages. I'm natural right now. I start Fina/Winny/Prop in almost 3 week/Clen. Some of my weights seem to be dropping, but then again, I'm cutting and still getting leaner as I continue. I'm not sweatin it yet.

Top Bottom