Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

7 days a week - 4-weights, 3-cardio, overtraining?

I do cardio on all my lifting nights, except for leg night. I lift 4 days a week and try to do extra cardio on 2 non lifting days. I always like to have at least 1 day completely for rest. I think I would feel really drained if I didn't.

How are you feeling working out 7 days a week?

I would like to see you have 1 rest day per week.

I was once guilt of training something like 23 days straight. But guess what -- I gained like mad, and didn't feel overtrained or run down in the slightest. Granted I spent only 30-40minutes a day in the gym each day....

I think you should be the ultimate judge of whether your overtraining or not. Afterall, only you can tell if you feel rundown and such.

What type of "cardio"? Intensity? Duration?

There was actually a pretty good roundtable (two parts) over on T-Mag.com that discussed this issue.

If you are just doing some low intensity 20-30 minute treadmill/bike/elliptical = then no harm no foul. HIIT type training - possible spill over recuperation.

So how often should one be doing HIIT? I'm doing it 3-4 days a week along with lifting 3-4 days a week (on a CKD).

Shit....I do cardio 2x on my off days.....hasn't been a day in well over a few years where I've done completely nothing......

Top Bottom