Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

5x5... Stuck, out of nowhere, please help

Endo MD

I'll start with the stats everyone asks for. I"m 5'9'' 240lbs, 20% bf, 24 yrs old. Diet is solid 2500 cals, 100g Fat, 150g Carbs, 250g Protein. Training all natural.
Onto my dilemma:
Been using 5x5 for a while now, it's working great. Bench started at 285 5x5, easily moved up until last week when i was at 330. For the first time on 5x5 I missed it. Last set only got 4. Thought it was no big deal, would get it this week. This week comes, once again only 4 on the last set. Workout hasn't changed, plus I ate like crazy due to it being Thanksgiving so I figured that would help.
I dont want to move onto 5x3 yet because I really think I can gain more on the 5x5 and love it. Any suggestions on changing ancillaries, diet, etc.. Currently doing Inclines and flies 2x10 each as assistance.
Thanks for your help.

Endo MD said:
I'll start with the stats everyone asks for. I"m 5'9'' 240lbs, 20% bf, 24 yrs old. Diet is solid 2500 cals, 100g Fat, 150g Carbs, 250g Protein. Training all natural.
Onto my dilemma:
Been using 5x5 for a while now, it's working great. Bench started at 285 5x5, easily moved up until last week when i was at 330. For the first time on 5x5 I missed it. Last set only got 4. Thought it was no big deal, would get it this week. This week comes, once again only 4 on the last set. Workout hasn't changed, plus I ate like crazy due to it being Thanksgiving so I figured that would help.
I dont want to move onto 5x3 yet because I really think I can gain more on the 5x5 and love it. Any suggestions on changing ancillaries, diet, etc.. Currently doing Inclines and flies 2x10 each as assistance.
Thanks for your help.

Are you trying to cut? At 240 lbs 2500 calories seems like it would be below maintenance. I'm 225 and I get 4000+ (I'm bulking).

Yeah, working on cutting down to at least mid-teens body fat. I know the calories are towards the bottom. But I think with the weight I already have and that amount of cals I should still be putting on some mass while the fat goes away... for now at least.

I agree that the calores are likely part of the problem, my contest diet was only 2500 calories.
I would either go for 5x5 or 3x5 so that you can keep the progression up, I dont think changing anything else will do the trick

Thanks for the help, I respect both of your opinions a lot.
As a follow up, since i am trying to lose body fat more than I'm trying to gain strength and would like to stay at 2500 cals, do you think I should keep going with the same workout as my body weight goes down and do it more for maintaining the strength I have?

I would personally just concentrate on maintaining mass and strength while dropping bf, its too hard to try to do anything else at the same time. I used steroids while prepping for the show I did a few months back, and even with their help, I lost strength as I dropped bf, I didnt have a chance of trying to gain any

Needsize, i'd love to pick your brain a bit but would prefer not to bother you with viewing the same posts over and over, do you respond to PM's?

Top Bottom