Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

5x5 question for MADCOW

DARASINGH said:
Question for MadCow...

I'm planning to go for this 5X5 training program.... but instead of working 3 days a week... I plan to workout 5 days a week....
Could you please let me know how shall my schedule look like for 5 days and how can I modify the traditional 3 day workout for 5 days...

thanks...

This thread is 2 years old, please check the dates before you start asking questions.....

Unfortunately, madcow got tired of explaining why the program should be run AS IS and talking people out of modifying at least until they have run it once. He no longers posts as frequently, I don't think he's posted at all in at least 6 months.

DARASINGH said:
Question for MadCow...

I'm planning to go for this 5X5 training program.... but instead of working 3 days a week... I plan to workout 5 days a week....
Could you please let me know how shall my schedule look like for 5 days and how can I modify the traditional 3 day workout for 5 days...

thanks...
If you take the time to read Madcow's site and the lengthy 5x5 thread, you should come to realise how inappropriate your question is.

Questions like this just exemplify how hard it is to leave an informational legacy on a fluid chat board.

Here's a link to Madcow's site, BTW:
http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow1/table_of_contents_thread.htm

That'd be fine so long as your cardio isn't so intense nor so gruelling as to eat into needed recovery from the lifting. Some reasonable amount of cardio can, of course, aid with recovery.

Sorry for bumping but I too have some questions about Bill Starr that hopefully someone can answer. I have read the essential parts @ elitemadcows site and these are the questions I feel are still unanswered for me

1. I cannot do hyperextensions because I train at home, are goodmornings a good replacement for this?
2. How about progression on the assistance exercises, is it linear as well?
3. Is it ok to add an extra shoulder exercise like upright row?

Thanks for your time and I apologize if these questions were allready answered somewhere else.

Native__ said:
Sorry for bumping but I too have some questions about Bill Starr that hopefully someone can answer. I have read the essential parts @ elitemadcows site and these are the questions I feel are still unanswered for me

1. I cannot do hyperextensions because I train at home, are goodmornings a good replacement for this?
2. How about progression on the assistance exercises, is it linear as well?
3. Is it ok to add an extra shoulder exercise like upright row?

Thanks for your time and I apologize if these questions were allready answered somewhere else.

1. Probably not. GMs are going to be too hard on your back after all the squatting, deadlifting, and rowing you do. You don't need to do the hypers.
2. Not really. It's hard to add weight to something like biceps curls every week. It's important to make sure your abs are getting stronger, though. Do weighted ab exercises for low reps.
3. Upright rows are bad for your shoulders, so you probably shouldn't do them in any kind of program. You can do shoulder presses instead of inclines on the Wednesday workout.

You might be able to emulate rev. hypers by using a jumpstretch band around a bench or by going far forwards onto your hands over a Swiss ball or, even, by laying yourself over something such that your legs are hanging freely. As already noted, though, they're optional. Pull-throughs are a possible substitute.

The most important aspect to this program is making progress on the main compound exercises. You should prioritize abs for assistance work but even if you do no ancillary exercises, you'll still make great gains. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Top Bottom