Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

5x5 progression and some other inquries

razeverius

I'll be on my 8th week tomorrow with 5x5

My weight's changed from 57 kg(january 17) to 66 kg(at present)..but lately I've been stalling in weight gain. Any suggestions on how to improve on this?

As for my progress here it is:

the record is from January 17(the day i started gym) up to the present

Bench: 30lbs-120lbs
Squats: 30lbs-110lbs
Barbell Row: 20lbs-100lbs
Deadlift: 20lbs-120lbs
Military Press: 30lbs-75lbs

I feel like I'm about to plateau on all exercises. By next month I'd be switching from 5x5 to Jim Wendler's 5-3-1. What do you guys think?

thanks guys, alright i'll push it to 12 weeks. Do you guys have any suggestions on me gaining more weight, since it seems like i stopped gaining :|

anyway here's my log for the day..sorry I'm new to posting in forums like these so if I post wrong..please do tell :)

Bench: 110 x2 120x2 130x1
Weighted Dips(20lbs): 10, 8, 4
Squats: 120x5
Rows: 100x3 90x2

Today's my heavy set day, I didn't do quite well on the Barbell Rows this time though, didn't feel all that pumped up today compared to last week's heavy set

Doing my best to eat more, somehow I haven't been making progress in my weight gain anymore :| it feels so hard to eat a lot, but I'll do my best.

btw question, when should I deload?

Well, if you feel like u just hit a wall try to deload this week then hit it hard again next week, btw how many cals u eating?

my brother told me to deload next week, since I was supposed to deload last week, forgot about it. How do you compute the cal intake?

your money is better spent on steaks than protein powder...
just try and eat more, unless you are prone to getting really fat you should be fine...
keep with the 5x5 you are making good increased, deload and then hit it hard when you are ready and eating better...
good luck, any questions you have i am a PM away...

Top Bottom