Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

5x5 journey to incredible strength

rustilldown

Ok recently decided to give a proper educated go at strong lifts 5x5 thx to some help from zed I think I am well on my way. Goals are to remain at 200 lbs while gaining conventional strength to improve my overall abilities playing sports , and of course, to lift heavy objects. I don't wish to gain any more size as it seems to impede my capabilities at work, as being a carpenter I still need to be able to climb walls, and sometimes position myself Into awkward places.

Day one .. Starting with a deload and leaving myself room to improve.

Squat. 2 warmups with bar
185x5
225x5
245x5
255x5
265x5

Bench
2xbar warm up
135x5
155x5
165x5
175x5
185x5

Bent over row ( doing them as described on strong lifts web site... Bent over in deadlift position , touching bar to ground, completely parallel ,)
2xbar warm up
95x5
115x5
135x5
155x5
165x5

All lifts felt reasonably light, and form was clean and I aim to keep the form perfect. I was very pleased with the new form of rowing, it felt much more comfortable than I'm used to. ideally I would like to hit a 315 bench, 405 squat, and a 500 deadlift. It's a goal I have set and It doesn't matter how long it takes to get there.
-Mike

Will deff keep watching this bro! Good work :)

Thx buddy and I will continue to drop in yours.
Starting pics 6'0 200 lbs
Will update pics every once in a while but it's more about numbers this time, less about looks.
Max bench 275x1
Max squat 365x1
Max dead 405x1
Will not try for a max for a long time, going to follow 5x5 to a T

Last edited:
Subbed

from my Transformer Prime

Nice to have you here :)
Feeling
Exceptionally strong today, its a day off and will stick to the day off. The added rest I have had lately seems to be helping up my spirits with everything. Really looking forward to squats deads and military press tomorrow. Can't fuckin wait!

Warm up 5min skip rope

Squat. 195x5
235x5
255x5
275x5
295x5

Military press 95x5
100x5
120x5
130x5
135x5

Deadlift 225x5 overhand
245x5 overhand
275x5 overhand
295x5 overhand
315x5 over/under

All
Lifts were nice and clean nice and tight!' ( retarted saying my shop teacher has .. Now it's stuck with me) could definitely have lifted more with every lift, but form was real good and I am leaving room to progress:)!
Finished with jump rope , some abs , and strething!
Feeling good -Mike

Nice man your killin it! That millitary press seems strong bro, I dont think i could do 135-5x

Nice man your killin it! That millitary press seems strong bro, I dont think i could do 135-5x

Thx man It's hard not to go heavier but for the first time ever im going to stay disciplined to the program, shoulders feel much Better with a little
More down time. Hard to stay away!! I know you know that feeling but maybe in a month or two I can shatter all of my PRs! -Mike

Top Bottom