Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

5x5 journey to incredible strength

Hey RTD looking pretty good in here so far.
Just FYI when you get into the SL 5x5 you actually keep the weight the same on all 5 sets of every excersize.
But this is working out for you for now so see how long you can last at it bro.
An interesting expermint.
KILLDATSHITBRO!

Hey RTD looking pretty good in here so far.
Just FYI when you get into the SL 5x5 you actually keep the weight the same on all 5 sets of every excersize.
But this is working out for you for now so see how long you can last at it bro.
An interesting expermint.
KILLDATSHITBRO!

Oh well I'll be damned I did not realize. I will make the adjustments.! Thx :) what do you use to warm up to those heavy numbers then surely If I step under 300+ pounds and squat I'm going to be looking like a fool stuck :p

Oh well I'll be damned I did not realize. I will make the adjustments.! Thx :) what do you use to warm up to those heavy numbers then surely If I step under 300+ pounds and squat I'm going to be looking like a fool stuck :p

Actually I have heard many say that 5x5 merely a guideline and if you can progress on just 1 set at max weight then that is all you need. If you look at the intermediate SL 5x5 you will see that it is actually a ladder as you are doing. So each person has their own adaption of it. Some do 3x5 at top weight, some just do 1. Either way most still call it 5x5. And if you are progressing and seeing gains, it's working.

Actually I have heard many say that 5x5 merely a guideline and if you can progress on just 1 set at max weight then that is all you need. If you look at the intermediate SL 5x5 you will see that it is actually a ladder as you are doing. So each person has their own adaption of it. Some do 3x5 at top weight, some just do 1. Either way most still call it 5x5. And if you are progressing and seeing gains, it's working.

Ahh I see we'll either way it's definitely been working. I have bad news though, my chiro suggests I take time off of the heavy squats ad deads to help loosen up my hips and hip flexors, this is sad. That being said im just going to switch to a 4 day split shoulders tris/ back bis/ chest/ legs. I will still squat on leg days and dead on back days but it should give more time in between to rest and stretch my hips. They are tight and seeing the chiro has been helping immensely. There are other leg exercises like lunges and bridges that seem to help loosen them up and stretch also.

I've been battling with tight hips for years but have finally seeked help a few weeks ago. It's nothing dramatic but I notice my posture and stance are already much improved while seeing him

School let out early, I went and rode bike for a half hour then stretched and hammered calves, stretched some more did some bridges and foam rolled. Will be hitting the gym later on for a back workout. Seem to be dropping a bit of water weight but the scale stays the same! Loving it!

Back biceps workout
5 min bike warm up

Rotary cuff warm up

Dumbell rows
60x18x18x15x12
Chin ups about 30
Close grip pulldowns 100x20 120x15x15x12
Bent over rows 135x5
185x5 225x5x5
Weighted hyper extensions
3 sets of body weight x 30ish

Biceps drop sets hammer curls 45x12 35x12 25x12 10x8 (OUCH!)
2 sets of super sevens with 40lb barbell

Seated one arm preacher curls 30x15x15x15

Went lighter on weights but squeezed like a mofo and form was really good. I didn't stretch or anything my arms were seriously so swole they hurt. Weight still holding 197 in pct.

5x5 isn't new or revolutionary. Doing it the way you have set up is fine. I've done different variations of 5x5s for like 12 years.

As long as you go up!

Savage leg day. Put it all out there and now I'm paying the price as I can't move/

Bike 5 min warm up
Tons of stretching and foam rolling prebworkout to get hips flexible
Leg press 180x35x35
360x25x20
(legs seriously swole now)
Squat 225x12
315x10(HUGE PR!!!)
315x8
Legs barely functioning now
Leg press 360x18
Seated hammy curls
100x30x30