Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

5x5 DF: Do you use Progressive Poundages or Fixed Poundages?

ErikZ

Hi.
For 5x5 DF, do you guys raise the weights everyweek during the volume phase to reach a record at week 4 or do you guys stick to the same working weight for weeks, record on wek 5 and then deload?

Dude, I know that :)
But look on his site and there will be a link to a guy talking about fixed poundages.

Aim to be getting fresh PRs in both of the last two weeks of the volume phase.

The essense of the dual factor program is that you dig yourself into a nice, deep hole during the volume phase to push yourself into a state of mild overtraining usually referred to as over-reaching. A single week of PR work is unlikely to do the trick for most people.

SO reach PR in the last week of volume phase, and work with those weights through intensity?

I pretty sure that that's not quite what I wrote. Assuming a four-week volume phase, strive to break old PRs in week 3 and then, in week 4, strive to beat the weights used in week 3.

Regarding deload, you have two distinct options, one being pure deload and the other being a dedicated "intensity" cycle, instructions for which you should find on Madcow's site and in the 5x5 motherthread.

One utterly essential aspect to the 5x5 methodology of training, whether working through the Single-Factor or Dual-Factor or even a hybrid of your own design, is that you strive to make progress. Aside from times when you drop reps or even drop an exercise or workout day deliberately to reduce volume or to reset parts of your program, you ever strive to do more weight than you did at a prior time. By increasing the weight you stimulate your body to adapt and become stronger.

Top Bottom