Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

5th week of 5x5 (deloading)

TheOak84

extremely easy on the 3x3 days, i used the same weight as week four.

on the 1x3 days i increased 20 pounds on all lifts from week 4, and it was moderately easy.

weight went up 1.5 pounds since week 4. prolly water and shit :)

still feeling really strong. i expect from here on out to get harder and harder.

if its still too easy on the 6th week, ill just increase the weight by 15-20 pounds rather then the usual 10.

ill post all my numbers at the end of the 10th week.

later.

is the wed. workout kinda kicking your ass?
i know that one pounds me into submission every week
just not used to doing that many deads
i used to just do singles and doubles, maybe a triple to warm up

d3track said:
is the wed. workout kinda kicking your ass?
i know that one pounds me into submission every week
just not used to doing that many deads
i used to just do singles and doubles, maybe a triple to warm up

on weeks 3-4 yes, 1-2 were moderate. i predict 7-10 will be rough, actually, i hope they are

Take care with the deloading. Week 5 is meant to be really easy on you and that's part of the design. If you don't give the body that recovery period you're risking breaking the tenets of the dual-factor system.

Rather than piling on the weights too soon on the main lifts you could try a little bit more ancillary work. Unless you've had some unexpected strength spurt or were going easy on yourself in weeks 3 and 4 then the weights should all work out to the end of the program. You need to take care not to get into a position such that you can't continue to increase the weight week on week right to the end. Of course, if you have gotten stronger really quickly then you do need to make the adjustments that you are doing. Just be careful not to break the deloading. You're your own coach.

I ran the 3x per week intensity phase and week 6 felt a bit light for me too. In week 7 it started to feel like a workout again and then 8 and 9 were hard, the latter being all willpower.

I start week 7 this Monday. You know what's rough, though? I'm getting 4500 calories a day, and my weight is at a crawl. Job + Training + Sex = No Weight Gain ;)

Tom Treutlein said:
I start week 7 this Monday. You know what's rough, though? I'm getting 4500 calories a day, and my weight is at a crawl. Job + Training + Sex = No Weight Gain ;)

At this point it might be a little late at salvage the bulk of the gains from this cycle but a caloric excess will put either fat or muscle on you (hopefully mostly muscle as you are training). No weight gain of any kind = no excess. Obviously you have some major caloric requirements but you are training right because your strength it up. You could always go the pizza, double quarter pounder, and fried chicken route. I know a lot of people like to eat healthy but if you want to get big you absolutely have to have an excess of calories and there's no way around it. I ate around the clock in college, if it was a big steak, pasta, and vegtables - great, ground beef scrambled with eggs - fine, double whopper when I was out - good enough, most important thing to adding muscle is enough food rather than eating as clean as possible. Of course you could always drop the sex or at least 'deload' by spending more time on the bottom - might save you some calorie expenditure before going off to sleep. :)

Top Bottom