Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

5 X 5 Training Method

I meant work out 3-5 days per week, meaning they'd have to do more than 1 bodypart a day at least sometimes.

I usually do 2 bodyparts per day

needsize said:
I usually do 2 bodyparts per day

How many days a week, do you go to the gym? how many times a week do you do each body part?

Im really looking to change my routine. Ive been doing it for the past 3 years and its not working so well anymore.

im starting deca/eq/var in april and I want to have the best possible workout all laid out.

I was doing this
day 1 chest/calves
day 2 back shoulders
day 3 and 4 rest
day 5 bis/tris/calves
day 6 quads/hams/abs
day 7 rest

But I cut out one of the rest days after back, so I'm training 2 on 1 off, so 5 days a week, and I am liking that. But I found I had to cut volume a bit to make it work

One question:
When do we change exercises? I'm reaching my max on most lifts: took it down to 5X3, but now I'm getting bored of the same lifts.
Is there a point at which we are taking a week or two off to decondition? I think with DC you took a week off after 6-8 weeks? At which point you did light training for the body to recover.
Do we do this with 5X5, or just change the exercises?

a quick question or two about warming up and doing extra reps.

1. I have always done a light warm up first. Should I keep doing this as normal or should I maybe warm up more than normal as the weight adds up?

2. In starting out the 5X5 program, after I have done my sets of 5X5 and both groups of 8-10 can I do a little extra work, or am I supposed to stop completely?

Whiskey

sorry guy, dont think im stupid, just have few problem to perfectly translate your language (im writin from italy...).
like this 5x5 routine very much, just have few problems to understand the "right weight to use".
if i understood weel:
--> the first workout i should use a weight that i normally use for 8 reps, right?
--> do i have to use the same weight till i can do ALL the 5 sets of 5 reps or i increase the weight each week even if my workout will be something like 1x5, 1x5, 1x5, 1x3. 1x2?
thanks for your help.
ciao
fabry

A weight you can do 5 sets of 5 with is about what you could 1 set of 8 reps with. You want to start off where itd take you about a month to get to that weight, so that means about 20 pounds lower (you go up 5 pounds per week).

If you don't finish 5 sets of 5 one week, try that weight again next week. if you still dont finish, the next week go up 5 pounds and do 5 sets of 3 instead. once you get to a weight where you cant finish the 5 sets of 3, go back to the weight you got stuck at trying to do 5 sets 5 and you should be able to do 5 sets of 5 with that. then continue with 5 sets of 5.

lol my post is confusing, read it very, very slowly...

One more time:
When do we change exercises? I'm reaching my max on most lifts: took it down to 5X3, but now I'm getting bored of the same lifts.
Is there a point at which we are taking a week or two off to decondition? I think with DC you took a week off after 6-8 weeks? At which point you did light training for the body to recover.
Do we do this with 5X5, or just change the exercises?

Top Bottom