Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

5 X 5 Training Method

this link doesnt work, on the first page, first post......

To view archived questions and answers for this thread, click here.

Sorry, I can't do anything about that. The person who runs asylum-strength took the page down.

If you have a question just post it here and it will be fielded. Then we can make this thread a huge Q&A archive.

I've plateaued on the 5x5 after 3 months of doing incline, flat, and decline in that order. Would it be enough of a shock to keep doing 5x5 but switch the order around and switch 1 or 2 exercises or is it necessary to change the number of reps? I really don't want to do low volume like 5 sets of 3 so what would be better a higher rep regime or switching of exercises?

I think changing the 5x5 exercise is a good idea. I switched from flat to incline press and I get a much better workout.

What distinguishes "5x5" from Max-OT training? It's exactly the same as far as I can see. 6 - 9 sets per muscle group of 4 - 6 reps, where you aim for the 6th rep representing positive failure, resting 2 - 3 minutes between each set, and bumping the reps for slow twitch muscle groups.

Max-OT is training to failure, no clear load progression other than "add weight as you get stronger."

Also they don't do wave loading, ie starting below your 5RM and then trying to ramp it up. The progression helps to make 5x5 more effective than max-OT.

One question:
When do we change exercises? I'm reaching my max on most lifts: took it down to 5X3, but now I'm getting bored of the same lifts.
Is there a routine for taking a week or two off to decondition? I think with DC you took a week off after 6-8 weeks? At which point you did light training for the body to recover.

With 5x5 do you stick do doing one body part per day.
Or can you do 5 x 5 for multiple body parts in one day?

Top Bottom