Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

5 X 5 Training Method

The idea is 3 fullbody workouts a week (ala HST). So I actually combined ideas from needsize 5x5, DC, and HST.

If you wanted, and if you prefer isolation exercises (like lateral raises) you could have some of those in one workout to get your bases covered.

debaser, thats not a bad idea, but I think a lot of that would also depend on the amount of fast twitch fibres someone has. Since its mostly low rep, some people might not make the same size gains as some seem to need at least some higher rep training to facilitate growth.
Its a solid premise though, I bet alternating between this approach and the traditional 5x5 say every 8-12 weeks would probably yield some impressive results

SublimeZM said:
needsize your arm is hypnotic

LOL!!

It kinda looks like a leg doesn't it?:D

"If it isn't my good friend Greg[Needsize], with a leg for an arm, and an arm for a leg!" (Dr. Nick)

I can't imagine having that thing wrapped around my head constricting like a snake......shudder!

Needsize, what's your arm measure anyway?

Griz1 said:

LOL!!

It kinda looks like a leg doesn't it?:D

"If it isn't my good friend Greg[Needsize], with a leg for an arm, and an arm for a leg!" (Dr. Nick)

I can't imagine having that thing wrapped around my head constricting like a snake......shudder!

Needsize, what's your arm measure anyway?

I love any simpson quote.....

When I used to bounce, anytime someone wanted to fight I just wrapped my arm around there neck till they passed out, which usually only took a few seconds.
Believe it or not, in that pic my arm is just over 17" at around 4% bodyfat, they are currently just under 19" cold at 11% bodyfat

needsize said:
I love any simpson quote.....

When I used to bounce, anytime someone wanted to fight I just wrapped my arm around there neck till they passed out, which usually only took a few seconds.
Believe it or not, in that pic my arm is just over 17" at around 4% bodyfat, they are currently just under 19" cold at 11% bodyfat

Christ.

The craziest thing is, they look even bigger than the measurement indicates. When you were bone-dry at your show, I wouldn't have guessed your arms were even a hair under 18.5". A freaky degree of leanness helps that, of course, but the shape of your arms is really killer, too.

Oop, speaking of The Simpsons, it's on now (D'oH!). Gotta roll.
-Sean

guldukat said:

Christ.

The craziest thing is, they look even bigger than the measurement indicates. When you were bone-dry at your show, I wouldn't have guessed your arms were even a hair under 18.5". A freaky degree of leanness helps that, of course, but the shape of your arms is really killer, too.

Oop, speaking of The Simpsons, it's on now (D'oH!). Gotta roll.
-Sean

Thanks, the muscle shape and small frame really help, when I get these puppies to 20" they'll be some kind of freaky then...

New Simpsons tonight as well, it was the one where homer builds the killer robot

I am new here and I am thinking about starting the 5x5 program. I wanted to do a bit more research about it, but the link posted by Spatts at the start of the thread is broken.

So, has anyone got another link to the archived questions and answers. Or if someone has them saved could they email to me.

Debaser, I'm doing something similar in terms of combining those three routines.

Needsize, I don't feel the make-up of fibers makes a difference in terms of how one will grow. There are different rep-ranges which target various specific goals.

http://www.fortifiediron.net/invision/index.php?showtopic=5467

The 3rd post.

Plus, analogy I heard - to say you can hit the slow-twitch fibers without grazing the fast is like saying you can hit 1000 RPM without touching 500. Made sense to me. Maybe I'm wrong.

Also, that example of 3x5 with only one accessory exercise for an abbreviated, low-volume 5x5 routine is basically what BFS is. Anyone interested in a brief version of the 5x5 should check it out. It definitely added size to my frame. 1" in 12 weeks on the arms. I liked it.

One quick question, on the first week does nutrition stay at maintenance or above, cause I feel kinda wrong eating so much if the workout is light.

Top Bottom