Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

5 X 5 Training Method

2horns said:
when you start out out at say 195 for your 5x5 are you doing 195 for five sets...and the following week do 200 for 5 sets?...or is each one of your five sets going up 5lbs each?...example:

195,200,205,210,215....or
195,195,195,195,195...then next week 200 for five sets?

If you are doing 195 then you would do five sets at 195, then increase it the following week. :)

would i do the workout like this?
fb= flat bench(5x5), db= dumbel incline press(2x8-10), if= incline flys(2x8-10)
Fb db fb if fb db fb if fb
thx

lavi said:
ud do it like this:
fb fb fb fb fb
db db
if if

;)

do i do that like fb db if fb db if fb fb fb or do i do it like fb fb fb fb fb db db if if

sry if its confusing :( im wondering if i could do it the way i posted before cause i dont want to like wait(rest) between each set of 5x5 and the 2x8s i just want to get thru the workout quickly

You would do all your flat bench sets, then your incline db's, then your flyes. You will need your rest between sets to complete the 5x5 program. :)

thx but i get the idea but could i alternate between the 2x8-10's?
like i finish my flat bench sets then i would alternate between the incline bench and the flys

P_3 said:
thx but i get the idea but could i alternate between the 2x8-10's?
like i finish my flat bench sets then i would alternate between the incline bench and the flys

I guess you could, but you still need to rest between these sets as well, not as much rest as between the 5x5's, but still some rest.

big4life said:

I guess you could, but you still need to rest between these sets as well, not as much rest as between the 5x5's, but still some rest.

that was my thinking as well

Top Bottom