Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

4 weeks by tommorrow.....need to modify diet/training, recommendations please

R

rajkanneganti

4 weeks by tommorrow.....need to modify diet/training, recommendations please

This is what I've been doing from the last 4 weeks (From sept. 18th) and I would like to change my routine for more optimum results. I would like to add one thing though........under no circumstances do I want to have carbs in my diet...coz. most of the best say that carbs do nothing but add cals etc etc...lets not get into that now.

Anyways here are my stats, diet routine and workout routine :

Stats :

Sex : Male
Height : 5 " 11
Weight : 220 lbs
Body Fat : 29%
Wrist : 6.7 inches
Chest : 39.76 inches
Waist : 42.16 inches
Thigh : 23. 28 inches
Biceps : 13.28 inches
Hip : 46. 03 inches

Diet :

Protein - 120 gms protein (only from boneless chicken breast)
Fat - 13 gms. (This is from the chicken itself)
Protein/Fat ratio - 75% / 25%
4 tabs of ECA stack

Workout :

Day one : Cardio 45 mins at 160 beats on the treadmill
Day two : Weight training upper body
Day three : Same as day one
Day four : Weight training lower body
Day five : Same as day one

repeat cycle....

Abs I work on every alternate day though....I need to lose 5 inches of my waist no matter what by dec. 31st ..

Upper body excercises :

5 x5 is what I'm following ...max weight
Chest : Flat Bench Press - 70 lbs.
Shoulders : Shoulders Press - 50 lbs.
Back : Wide grip pulldowns - 100 lbs.
Triceps : Close grip pulldowns - 50 lbs.
Lats/ Biceps : ong rows - 100 lbs.
Biceps : Cable curls - 60 lbs.

Lower body excercises :

5 x 5 again...max weight
Quads : Leg extensions - 100 lbs.
Hamstring : Lying Leg Curls - 40 lbs.
Calves : Angled calf raises aided with 30lbs x 2 dumbbells.
Abs : Floor Crunches - 5 sets x 25....

Last month results :

Weight lost : 17.6 lbs.
Body fat loss : 3 %
Waist loss : around 3 inches
Chest loss : around 2 inches

Phew that took a while!.....any kind of advice would be great. Thank you for reading.

Regards

Raj
P.S > There is absolutely no way I can get supplements as of now coz. I live in India. They are 250% more expensive here so cant afford them. My friend is gonna come next month so I could ask him to help me out.

Honestly what you are doing looks good, and if you've managed to drop 17lbs in a month, why would you want to change anything? There's really not much that can be done to your diet since you're set on keeping away from carbs and you're getting a good amount of protein.
Your workout regiment looks fine. If you want to up the intensity, you can split your upper body workout into two days so that you have maybe a push and a pull day. That would mean you're doing weights three times a week. A lot guys in here are doing at least three days a week of lifting, most of them 4-5. Also it couldn't hurt to throw in another day of cardio. Other than that I'd say keep on keepin on. You're getting good results as it is. Good luck.

supersizeme,

Thank you very much for the quick reply. I'm amazed that I finally got my things right. I thought there was something wrong and I was expecting a bit of stick. But with a guy like you (3500 posts +), I really need not worry much I guess.

Thanks m8 for the encouragement. I'm gonna try lifting more now....That's the best thing I can do I guess...

Raj

Just wanted to warn you that just because someone has a ton of posts doesn't necessarily mean they know their stuff. The majority of my posts have been on Chat & Conversation, but there's plenty of people with more posts than me who might not give the best of advice. Generally if someone gives you some advice and then no one else bothers to respond and say, "that guy was totally wrong." you can feel pretty safe that you're getting decent advice.

good luck to you in dropping the rest of the weight. also, realize that eventually your progress will slow down a bit, but that's where one's dedication will truly shine. i am doing the exact opposite of you(i.e. trying to gain), and sometimes a half pound a month gain is a pleasant sight.

Re: 4 weeks by tommorrow.....need to modify diet/training, recommendations please

Ok, I have few questions or comments...

You list your protein/fat ratio... But there are carbs in there as well. So, you do have to figure out your carb intake to know for sure. Chicken doesn't have a high carb %, but it has.

I would add cardio to almost everyday prior to working out.
I would workout in the morning when its the best time for fat loss and fat burning.
You are not trying to bulk up, so lots of cardio is essential. Hit the treadmill or actual running on the street in the morning time as well.
You already have some great progress, so don't give up. Find a partner to motivate each other, if you have a problem motivativating yourself.
Good luck to you, bro... you are already doing good...

Top Bottom