Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

4 Bodybuilding Tips to Build Muscle

sfinxe

1. Squat, Deadlift, Dips and Chins.

You MUST focus on the serious compound movements if you want to to build muscle mass. Going from isolation machine to isolation machine and cranking out machine laterals, pec deck flyes, bicep curls and leg extensions isn't going to cut it. Not if muscle growth is what you're after.

Move some serious weight on the big exercises like barbell squats, deadlifts, dips and chins if you want results.

2. If it works for you, do it

Now, I don't mean train "instinctively" or any of that nonsense. You need to follow a good plan. But everyone has strengths and weaknesses and you may need to make slight changes to even the best bodybuilding workouts.

For example, I'm naturally thin with long arms. The flat bench press is a crappy exercise for me if I want to hit the chest. The decline bench press is much better for my body type, as it takes the stress of my triceps and shoulders, putting more stress where it belongs, the chest.

As you gain training experience be on the lookout for little tweaks like this that can boost your muscle building results. But also be honest with yourself. Don't use this as an excuse to skip the productive exercises that also seem to hurt the most, like squats.

Your lifestyle matters, too. If you have trouble gaining muscle AND you work a physical job like construction, you'll need to reduce the overall volume on most routines to avoid over training.

3. REST

If your focus is to build muscle fast, you really need to limit your other physical activities. No four hour full court basketball sessions or 5 mile jogs.

4. Recover/Repeat

Every 6 to 12 weeks, be sure to dial it down and go really light and easy for a week or even stay out of the gym altogether. Give your body a chance to rest, catch up and repair itself so you can continue to build muscle fast, instead of over training and burning out.

Top Bottom