Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

3x5 for bi's instead of 5x5?

Slyder190

My bi's are a lagging body part. 5x5 worked okay for them, but they don't improve like my other body parts. Anyone have success with 3x5 for bi's?

strength-wise, definitely. i'm not sure what you mean by lagging, and by that i mean; strength-wise or size-wise?anyhoo, like i said it worked great for me for strength but not as well for size. my forearms started to hurt after doing it for too long as well.

3x5 could work as they dont need the same volume as bigger body parts

Biceps are one of the most misunderstood musclegroups, because people don't see improvement in them as much. They pretty much grow with the rest of your body. In a 3 month training cycle you might see a 1/4" of true growth, for example. This might be barely noticeable. But if you took year by year comparison photos/measurements, you will see that they really are growing.

I agree with both Needsize and Debaser.

The bicep constitutes only 1/50 of your total body mass. Thats pretty small and the Bi`s get worked damn hard when doing chins, rows, etc.

IMHO..... aside from the anterior (front) delts, it is probably the most overworked bodypart.

I do relatively very little direct bicep work. 3 sets max.
But half the times I only do one set but it is a rest pause set and I smoke the shit out of them or only 1 set of up and down the dumbell rack with no rest in between ( a total scorcher ). Lemme tell ya, I look real silly when I worked back down the rack and curling with measly 20 lb. dumbells and it takes every ounce of strength I have to get 6 reps and my face looks like a watermelon ready to explode but oooooh the pump and the pain.

Try different things. Shake things up every now and then.

3x5 is okay for bis, but lately I feel that slight fast reps with good form is really gaining strength over size. The structure of the bis doesn't allow for growth like other muscles, plus the are smaller. But I know one thing if you can dead over 500 and row over 275 you usually have some pretty big arms

Lord_Suston said:
But I know one thing if you can dead over 500 and row over 275 you usually have some pretty big arms
Reminds me of something I read long ago......When you can do dips with 250........you WILL have big arms !!!

i like higher reps fpr bis, mine dont respond well to 5....i did 5x5 for a while and they got stronger..no size changes

Top Bottom