Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

the 300 club for bench

Lig505

my best all time bench was 285 and I barely got it with my spotter putting a finger on the bar to help a bit. Well after taking some time off I got back into it and then worked my way back up pretty quickly and then today went for 300 and nailed it with no spotter help. do you think the time off helped get me past my plateau?

i used to not believe in time off because I trained with some sick motherfuckers, guys who trained for triathlons and who have been training since they were in 1st grade. those types. the truth is pro athletes have offseasons to rest their bodies so if you aren't doing that your body will find a way to punish you anyway. so yes i think that time off made your body fresh.

Resting and taking time off definitely helped. We get stuck in this cycle of training so often that we forget the body needs to heal and repair. Makes complete sense.

Well how long was the time off?

Were you 18-24 when you benched 285, but now are older?

Did you thicken up and gain weight? How much did you weigh when you benched 285 vs 300?

Rather than pat you on the back and say ya - the time off did it, it's more like - there's more to it than that.

Top Bottom