Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

30 min high intensity cardio vs 60 min low intensity?

capn

I've been reading a lot of people saying its better to do 30 min of high intensity cardio to raise your metabolism for hours and burn even more fat after your cardio session is finished.

I agree that it seems to work better for me. How about you guys (and girls)?

i like my cardio sessions at low to medium intensity for at least 45 minutes.
but overall, fuck cardio! its way overrated!

oh no.. i just started chaos again!!!

I think when it comes to high intensity 30 minutes is pushing it. I'd even say it's too long. At least if you are already reasonable lean and want to protect lean mass. If you are fat then forget about preserving muscle and just get leaner then focus on building. The cardio I have had the best luck with was when I was doing 15 minutes of high intensity 2x per day 3x per week. This is just what worked for me and everybody is different. I think the key is to experiment and find out how your body responds to different methods.

I fukn hate cardio but lookn at me u can probably tell that. HIT, High Intensity Interval cardio is the way to go...Run for 2mins walk for 1 run for 4 walk for 2 then repeat until say 30 or 45 mins.....CARDIO SUCKS!!!

I am doing about 25 minutes of high intensity cardio, 5 days a week.
at 200 lbs and 15 % bf (6 ft tall) I have some pretty good muscle mass, I just want to add a little more. But I have no patience for cutting. I want to be at 8 % bf 2 months from now! Is this possible? This is the first time in my life (I'm 35) that I've try to really get lean. I usually wanted to get bigger and being lean was never an issue when I was in my 20's.

I agree every (body) is different.

Tryn2 said:
I fukn hate cardio but lookn at me u can probably tell that. HIT, High Intensity Interval cardio is the way to go...Run for 2mins walk for 1 run for 4 walk for 2 then repeat until say 30 or 45 mins.....CARDIO SUCKS!!!

yes it does!
the only cardio i somehow enjoy doin is jumprope.
i do 10 sets of 100 jumps.

so jump 100 times, and take 1-2 minute rest.
repeat for 10 sets.

its actually the most productive way for me to burn fat. and i've tried ohter routines like jogging, walking, biking. oh and it also builds calves!

Hrm funny U mention that. Someone in my gym was doing that last night.....I had the Rocky Song in my hed the whole time...Lol

Weight training increases metabolism more than cardio. If yoru goal is to increase your metabolic rate, add extra weight training sessions. Cardio serves the purpose of a health benefit and increased caloric expenditure WHILE doing it.

BodyByFinaplix said:
Weight training increases metabolism more than cardio. If yoru goal is to increase your metabolic rate, add extra weight training sessions. Cardio serves the purpose of a health benefit and increased caloric expenditure WHILE doing it.

You guys thinks some one my size can go from 15 - 8 % bf in 2 months?

from 15% to 8% is a VERY long road. I'd say no way in 2 months regardless of any gear. In your 30's 8% is incredibly difficult to accomplish unless your entire focus is geared toward this goal. I mean your diet has to be perfect, your workout program has to be intense and you need gear. No way without it consuming your life for probably 3 months minimum. Most people don't realize how low 8% is. I mean that is RIPPED. It's not the 5% people show up for on contest day but I'd say this. Even if you could get to 8% there is no way to stay there. NO WAY! If you want to be lean and have great, visable abs with lots of muscle seperation shoot for 10%. That's not contest form but you'll look great and most people will think you're 8% or even lower. The problem is you'd have to lose 16lbs of fat (if you are a true 15%) without losing ANY muscle. That in itself is impossible so you have to begin to ask yourself how much muscle am I willing to sacrifice. If you want 8% bad enough it will cost you and the price is muscle. I think if you want 8% and you are totally dedicated your final stats would be about 180lbs (165lbs lean mass and 15lbs fat) That is doable but anything heavier I don't think is.

Top Bottom