Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

3 weeks out training split

aaronthrift

This Friday I'll be three weeks out from my show. My current split is Monday back, Tuesday chest, Wednesday quads glutes and hams, Thursday shoulders, Friday rest, Saturday arms, Sunday glutes, Hams and calves.

Should I change my split so that I'm training muscle groups more frequently throughout the week since I'm getting close to my show? Thanks.

You should be asking your show prep coach

Keep everything the same leading up until your show. The WORST thing you can do is change a bunch of things right before your show. Time and time again I see competitors try all these stupid magic 'peak week' protocols and absolutely blow their entire look and weeks worth of dieting. How you look at 2 weeks out is pretty much how you are going to look on stage. Final peak week protocols add maybe an extra 5%. You don't want to train legs the week before your show because they will be inflamed and won't show detailed cuts and definition. The last week before your show don't train to failure. You don't want to go into your show overly depleted and exhausted. Train like a lazy pro bodybuilder the week before your show. Get a pump, talk to a few cute girls and then leave the gym. Don't break a sweat.

Peak week is the most asinine term ever spoken.

Great points above...

Bump: 2 weeks out you should be ready, if you're not then you half assed your prep and need to put off your show.

Bump: Absolutely no leg training a week before the show.

Bump: Monday-Wednesday a light circuit training regime. If you're not weak as hell now anyway then (once again) you're not ready.

But who's in the mood to talk to anyone during that week? :)

So do you guys not mess with carb/water intake the week before? I know how my last few days are going to be, I just like hearing the different strategies and approaches of other people.

So do you guys not mess with carb/water intake the week before? I know how my last few days are going to be, I just like hearing the different strategies and approaches of other people.

Mess with it?

Depends on the show, how prep went, where I am at any one given time.

Top Bottom