Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

3 day split

SmellHole

What do you guys think of a 3 day split. It would be six days of the week, repeating twice, with one day off.

Work Out A
-Chest 5 sets @ 8-12 reps
-Delts 4 sets @ 8-12 reps
-Triceps 4 sets @ 8-12 reps

Workout B
Hammer Rows 5 sets @ 8-12 reps
Lat pulldown 4 sets @ 8-12 reps
Barbell Curls 4 sets @ 8-12 reps

Workout C
Ab/Core workout (about 20 minutes)
Leg Press 5 sets @ 8-10 reps
Leg extensions 3 sets @ 8-12 reps

Repeat.

Any comments?

::: Shane

:stilleto:

What do you guys think of a 3 day split. It would be six days of the week, repeating twice, with one day off.

Work Out A
-Chest 5 sets @ 8-12 reps
-Delts 4 sets @ 8-12 reps
-Triceps 4 sets @ 8-12 reps

Workout B
Hammer Rows 5 sets @ 8-12 reps
Lat pulldown 4 sets @ 8-12 reps
Barbell Curls 4 sets @ 8-12 reps

Workout C
Ab/Core workout (about 20 minutes)
Leg Press 5 sets @ 8-10 reps
Leg extensions 3 sets @ 8-12 reps

Repeat.

Any comments?

::: Shane

:stilleto:

I like the volume. What about varying the reps near the final sets of certain exercises? For example less reps and heavier on things like bench press and lighter weights and more reps on things like tricep extensions?

Leg press: No. Bad idea unless you cannot do squats. Leg presses lack the safety mechanism of preventing hyperextension like squats do(you hyperextend on a squat, you fall over). I know this from personal experience that getting super aggressive on a leg press is a recipe for injury. Stay with squats and deadlifts. Avoid the leg press. Leg extensions not really needed. Leg curls, yes.

Its ok for a beginner workout. Change it up after 3 weeks.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using EliteFitness

How can I make it more advanced?

You dont need to. Just do it for 3 weeks. If you complete all sets and reps then add weight. Id pick a number of reps im going for rather than just 8-12. Because your starting just use a weight that you can just finish the work. As in the last 1 or 2 reps is quite taxing..to the point where you need a 1 minute break. Even choose a weight that you can not complete all reps. Then go for it again next workout. If you then complete it..add weight . One way to go more advanced would be heavier & more exercises. Say 5 exercises with the main exercises heavier..so you can only do 5 reps. But hold off for a bit. Get some sessions in with what you got.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using EliteFitness

Top Bottom