Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

3 on 1 off split

Arpie

Good morning. I am looking for a little feedback on my thoughts to change up my routine. I am a full body proponent and have been doing full body routines for over ten years. Back in the day I went to a bp split and maybe an ill advised one but it pretty much fried my shoulders.
First...I am in my early forties. Active. Carry about 12% bf. active. 6'1" 185. And the doctor refers to the X-ray room as MY room. I am not unfamiliar with injuries and PT work to overcome them. Nowadays my routine includes mobility and recovery work.

With all that said...I am considering moving to a split of sorts. Not a traditional BP split but also not a trational upper lower split. My thought is the 3 on 1 off set up. Perhaps chest/ tri - legs - back/bi .
BUT....I worry about my shoulders. They are what always seem to be bothering me when I move to splits and with my activities my shoulders are what I spend more time rehabbing that anything else. So my question is.....do I really need a specific shoulder day? Considering of course that my PT and mobility work includes rotator cuff work and light db side raise work.

Also...any established 3on1 off routines already out there that you guys can point me to? Otherwise I will just tap my experience and put something together based on the above with varying rep ranges between high rep days and all the way down to very low rep days over the course of a couple weeks.

Thanks for your help.

Top Bottom