Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

is 225 pounds 225 pounds...?

DZLS

this may sound odd, but i think 225 pounds (2 45's on each side) feels lighter, than say a 45, 25, 10, and 2 5's on each side...

on my 5x5, i've been just adding weight to each side, and not bumping up to larger plates...

on Saturday i had to do 225 for 3, and decided to put on the plates, so i could feel "big"... ;) and i did the 3 with ease, but the 220 i did on Monday for 5 reps seemed heavy which i had a bunch of little plates on the bar...

could that be because the little plates are spread on the bar more and that gives you a different muscle work out or maybe a different angle of the muscle is worked out more which you have not noticed/developed before?

maybe i was just feeling stronger Saturday as opposed to Tuesday though...

dunno...

i guess there could be a couple of pounds lost on the 45's from chips if there were any...

BUBBLES said:
could that be because the little plates are spread on the bar more and that gives you a different muscle work out or maybe a different angle of the muscle is worked out more which you have not noticed/developed before?

ya it works difrant stabelizer musculs.

Either the weights are a bit different, or the weights being spread out more causes more balance to be needed and makes the weight feel heavier. Try putting 135 or 225 on the bar with 45's and put them further out, near the ends of the bar. I think it'd feel a bit heavier.

Top Bottom