Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

2011: Deadlifts, Grip and Presses

OK i tweaked it again a little, just added weighted dips on day 5, and handstand pushups on day 2

Im gonna max on bench today, try 395, and also gonna try 475 squat. Then on Sunday im starting the routine and gonna find my base volume for everything that week, and then I can progress!
Cool.

You do remember that for the main lifts you're running the Consolidation cycle though, right?

You DID understand how to do it, right? The Relative Max and then the sets subsequent to it? This is ALL right in your head, right?

Cool.

You do remember that for the main lifts you're running the Consolidation cycle though, right?

You DID understand how to do it, right? The Relative Max and then the sets subsequent to it? This is ALL right in your head, right?

Yea, week 1 you find a base volume.

week 2, 3, and 4 you try and use SDT as much as you can with a RELATIVE max. I understand not to go balls to the wall because then I leave no room for progression. I will warm up and then use consolidation for my relative max

What kind of progression should I use for db military, db press, weighted dips, etc? Can I still use SDT principles?

Yea, week 1 you find a base volume.

week 2, 3, and 4 you try and use SDT as much as you can with a RELATIVE max. I understand not to go balls to the wall because then I leave no room for progression. I will warm up and then use consolidation for my relative max

What kind of progression should I use for db military, db press, weighted dips, etc? Can I still use SDT principles?
Dude you're mixing everything up. Please calm down.

First, go read the Consolidation Training article. This is what you're going to do for Squats, Bench and Deadlifts.

For ALL other exercises, use SDT. SDT is a SEPARATE article. Go read that article as well.

Don't get all muddled up over here. This is simple.

I'M CALM BRO!!!! hahaha :)

ok just read the strength consolidation for that. Now I understand the SDT principles for all the other lifts. Since my military is kind of high should I use consolidatio for that too or SDT?

And then one more question. After week 4 of consolidation, do you have a new relative max, or is that just a 4 week program. If you were to do another 4 weeks of consolidatoin, do you just increase the "90% relative max" number and base your workouts on that?

I'M CALM BRO!!!! hahaha :)

ok just read the strength consolidation for that. Now I understand the SDT principles for all the other lifts. Since my military is kind of high should I use consolidatio for that too or SDT?

And then one more question. After week 4 of consolidation, do you have a new relative max, or is that just a 4 week program. If you were to do another 4 weeks of consolidatoin, do you just increase the "90% relative max" number and base your workouts on that?

I'll respond to this tonight. You have a VERY important question though. I was hoping you would ask me that :)

DEADLIFTS & OVERHEAD PRESS Training - Mesocycle 30 Week 1

Got stomach problems...had to take 30 minutes out of my training today just to bond with the toilet. Terrible. Very unsettling (mentally).

Deadlift Warm-ups:
Mobility Drills
135 x 4
245 x 4
295 x 5
345 x 3
385 x 3
415 x 2

Deadlift Work Sets:
455 x 4
455 x 4
455 x 4
This is the New Base Weight at the Old Base Volume. Very grueling.

Overhead Press:
165 x 5
165 x 5
165 x 5
Another New Base. Great!

Barbell Static Holds:
275 x 5s
315 x 5s
315 x 5s
365 x 5s
365 x 0

For all information regarding Single, Double and Triple Progression, please click Here

Video:

I'm thinking a 205 press could be done right now. I cant wait to see a 225 press now that will be solid!

Great job on the pressing amigo. I see it steadily improving. You'll press 205 before ya know it.

Thank you, Ghetto. Btw, did you have a look at the SDT FAQ I wrote for GUS?

Regarding my OHP...I dunno when I'll cross to 205...my bodyweight is 185-190 and I'm OHP'ing 185x3 right now...I hope this continues and I manage to press out 205. That would be puuuurfect :)

I'm thinking a 205 press could be done right now. I cant wait to see a 225 press now that will be solid!

Dude...don't jump so far ahead. 225 would be beastly beyond words and I would DIE to have such a strong lift. I am sure I'll get it in time. Right now I need to cross 185. I am hoping the next benchmark is 205 and then 225. Ofcourse, imagine if I manage to cross 225 in like 5 years...wowowowowoowowoowowowoow :D

damn bro, i know u dont juice but my military went from 185x5 to 225x4 in 3 months lol, but imo ur doin it right and building a better base foundation. Still, its crazy how much strength u get while on cycle

Top Bottom