Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

2011: Deadlifts, Grip and Presses

FULL BODY Training - Mesocycle 29 Week 4

Today's training...

Front Squats:
255 x 1
My ankle is still hurting me...I need to ease back into this. The sprain hasn't gone away. It should get better in time though...I think another 2-3 weeks and I'll be fine.

Incline Dumbbell Bench Press:
65 x 8
75 x 8
75 x 8
Wow...doing this exercise after YEARS!!!

BodyWeight Pull-ups:
15 + 15 + 15 + 15 + 15 + 12 + 9 + 6
Total = 101 reps
OMG!!!!!

Video:

damn dude 101 pullups?????? I canbarely get 40 haha, ur a monstr bro

I think ima start going for a set number of pullups in a workout, i read somewhere that it is the best way to get ur pullups up (1 set bw max)

Anyway i read your blog and that makes perfect sense. ima start that after my post cycle and really consolidate the strength I just got on cycle. Seems like that would be a really good time to incorporate strength consolidation

damn dude 101 pullups?????? I canbarely get 40 haha, ur a monstr bro

I think ima start going for a set number of pullups in a workout, i read somewhere that it is the best way to get ur pullups up (1 set bw max)

Anyway i read your blog and that makes perfect sense. ima start that after my post cycle and really consolidate the strength I just got on cycle. Seems like that would be a really good time to incorporate strength consolidation

Thanks, Glad.

Pull-ups owned me to hell and back lol...I'm so incredibly sore today!!!!

Do the Strength Consolidation. It does make perfect sense. I can help you progress after that as well. It's really very simple. Infact, I'm doing it right now. If you want, I can show it to you...do you want me to do a write-up on it?

Thanks, Glad.

Pull-ups owned me to hell and back lol...I'm so incredibly sore today!!!!

Do the Strength Consolidation. It does make perfect sense. I can help you progress after that as well. It's really very simple. Infact, I'm doing it right now. If you want, I can show it to you...do you want me to do a write-up on it?

I know you dont know much about AAS, or cycling, but would you know what the best routine would be for coming off a cycle? Since my test levels wont be where they were on cycle, im obviously gonna lose gains. I wanna try doin heavy, 3 rep stuff to keep the strength, but i feel like 1 top set wont be enough and thats where I think ive messed up with my last cycles. I wanna do this strength consolodation, but I come off cycle in 6 days so I need it quick :) lol

My goals are to keep as much strength and size as possible. but strength is more important

I know you dont know much about AAS, or cycling, but would you know what the best routine would be for coming off a cycle? Since my test levels wont be where they were on cycle, im obviously gonna lose gains. I wanna try doin heavy, 3 rep stuff to keep the strength, but i feel like 1 top set wont be enough and thats where I think ive messed up with my last cycles. I wanna do this strength consolodation, but I come off cycle in 6 days so I need it quick :) lol

My goals are to keep as much strength and size as possible. but strength is more important

Well, thats not that difficult. I am assuming your main lifts are squats, deads and bench, right?

So, have a 4 day layout.

Day 1 = Deads + Core
Day 2 = Bench + Pull-ups (weighted if possible)
Day 3 = Off
Day 4 = Squats + Pull-ups (yes, do them 2x a week)
Day 5 = Some heavy rows (your pick here) + 2 PC exercises (choose from: Glute Ham Raises, Romanian Deadlifts, Pull Throughs and Dumbbell Swings) + Core
Day 6 = Off
Day 7 = Off
Day 8 = Repeat

So the way this will pan out is that you will have Deads, Squats and Bench progressing a'la The Singles Scene. The rest of it, is up for grabs. I am sure you've read up on Single, Double and Triple Progression.

Firstly, please have a look at the article I linked above. What I am going to summarize next is just the "jist" of the article. You need to have your shit together so that you can make the most out of this.

Ok so lets go back to basics with this whole SDT Progression, alright?

Firstly, you need to set up a base volume and a base weight. Let me give the example of Dumbbell Rows.

So, given that you need a BASE volume and a base weight to start off, you are conservative and for Week 1 you do: 100 x 5 x 3 (oh, I always write weight x reps x sets...so don't get confused).

Week 2 you have plenty of options. You can either increase weight, increase sets, or increase reps per set. If you manipulate only one variable, that single progression. If you manipulate two variables, it's double progression. If you manipulate all three variables it's triple progression.

Week 2 you end up doing: 100 x 6, 100 x 5, 100 x 5 and then 105 x 2
So you added 1 rep to the original base volume plus you added an extra set PLUS you did the 4th set with a heavier weight - so in short you just did TRIPLE PROGRESSION.

Week 3 is gonna be tough. You need to beat Week 2 with the same SDT Principles.
You manage to do:
100 x 6 x 3, 105 x 4, 105 x 2
You added reps (single progression) and you added an extra set but there was no weight increase from Week 2 so you ended up doing Double Progression.

Let's say Week 4 is the bomb. You crank out:
100 x 7
100 x 6
100 x 6
105 x 5
105 x 2
110 x 3
This is triple progression. That's it. You cannot do anymore in Week 5. Fine.

So week 5 will be going back to the same base volume which you started out with BUT you have to take a heavier weight this time. So,
Week 1 = 100 x 5 x 3 <<-- base volume
Week 5 = 110 x 5 x 3 <<-- new weight at the same base volume

Rinse and repeat

Does this make sense?

So, with the above template, you have to do the same drill on all the exercises except for Squat, Bench and deadlift.

Does this make sense to you?

That makes perfect sense bro, except i need military in there somewhere.

Also, when you find your base volume, how close is it to your max? What percentage do you use to start off?

Also on one of the pullup days i was thinking i should go for a total number of reps for bodyweight, and the other day could be weighted?

That makes perfect sense bro, except i need military in there somewhere.

Hmm....Let me think.

Ok. Do Military after Deadlifts. It's fairly straight forward.

Also, when you find your base volume, how close is it to your max? What percentage do you use to start off?

Dude...you didn't read everything did you?

Week 4 consolidation is you doing 2-3 sets for reps. All that is up to you and how you feel ON THAT DAY. This is your base volume.

For the other exercises, choose something comfortable. It doesn't have to be "Easy" just not balls to the wall from Day One, you know?

Also on one of the pullup days i was thinking i should go for a total number of reps for bodyweight, and the other day could be weighted?

Damn good plan. I like it! :)

GRIP, PULL-UP and POSTERIOR CHAIN Training - Mesocycle 29 Week 4

Tuesday's training...

CoC #1 Gripper:
2 + 2 + 3 + 3 = 10 attempts

Weighted Pull-ups:
+45 x 6 x 3

Romanian Deadlifts:
275 x 6
275 x 8
275 x 7

Supine Glute Ham Raises: