Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

2011: Deadlifts, Grip and Presses

PRESS Training - Mesocycle 29 Week 1

Last workout of the week. Next update will most likely be on Saturday.

Bench Press:
205 x 5
225 x 3
225 x 2
225 x 1
185 x 8
I dunno what came over me to do this retarded exercise....I really need to work on my technique. I am unable to hold the bar correctly in my hands.

Weighted Pull-ups:
+35 x 6
+45 x 4
+55 x 3
+55 x 3
+45 x 4
BW x 15

Cable Woodchops:
80 x 15 x 4

Cable Rows:
100 x 10 x 2

Decent stuff..

Video:

Well the things I saw with your benching is one why do you lower the bar so slow? Your whole reps looked quite slow and not very forceful. That grip was pretty close but I wouldnt change that as it will protect the shoulders. Also if you look at your grip, especially where you failed that 3rd rep of 225 in the 2nd set of 225 your wrists are doing something really awkward. You should try to keep your forearms more perpendicular to the bar, your wrists are getting excessive strain and you cant develop a lot of force that way. Also maybe I just wasnt looking at it right but I think you should maybe arch more and get tighter.

Well the things I saw with your benching is one why do you lower the bar so slow? Your whole reps looked quite slow and not very forceful. That grip was pretty close but I wouldnt change that as it will protect the shoulders. Also if you look at your grip, especially where you failed that 3rd rep of 225 in the 2nd set of 225 your wrists are doing something really awkward. You should try to keep your forearms more perpendicular to the bar, your wrists are getting excessive strain and you cant develop a lot of force that way. Also maybe I just wasnt looking at it right but I think you should maybe arch more and get tighter.
Everything you said is true. I just don't know what to do about it. The wrist is the most annoying part.

Everything you said is true. I just don't know what to do about it. The wrist is the most annoying part.

Maybe you are sitting too far back on the bench? Scooting forward more could help. Also I like to bee looking straight up at the bar with my eyes aligned with it when I bench. That way I am really tight and can just lift it off and go straight down. I know you are not a huge fan of the bench but if definitely is a worthwhile exercise.

Maybe you are sitting too far back on the bench? Scooting forward more could help. Also I like to bee looking straight up at the bar with my eyes aligned with it when I bench. That way I am really tight and can just lift it off and go straight down. I know you are not a huge fan of the bench but if definitely is a worthwhile exercise.
This is exactly what I do. Plus, this won't stop the wrist-rolling thing I'm doing...I don't even know why that is happening. Arg....I think perhaps more practice will help. I'm gonna be doing bench work every 4th week now. 3 weeks of OHP followed by 1 week of BP. Dips every week. I think in time this issue should be ironed out. What is good though is that I'm able to move 225 when a year ago I couldn't even hit 185....and at the same time my OHP is 185x3...shit. Well, I have a ways to go. Patience and quality practice are the most important things right now.

just my opinion, but doing bench only once every 4 weeks might not help your form... my bench is my weakest lift and only when i am very consistent with its training do i ever see improvements... if i miss one week it seems it sets me back a lot...
if its not somthing you really like and dont have a need for it, you might just want to stick with the overhead presses... which you are really doing good with btw...
the only reason i bother with it is because i powerlift for a total in competition, otherwise i think its an OK exersise, but definately not anything necessary to be strong...

just my opinion, but doing bench only once every 4 weeks might not help your form... my bench is my weakest lift and only when i am very consistent with its training do i ever see improvements... if i miss one week it seems it sets me back a lot...
if its not somthing you really like and dont have a need for it, you might just want to stick with the overhead presses... which you are really doing good with btw...
the only reason i bother with it is because i powerlift for a total in competition, otherwise i think its an OK exersise, but definately not anything necessary to be strong...
I know I hear you. I'm not a powerlifter so I don't "need" to bench and you're right: I don't even like the lift.

It's just that it irks me to know that my bench progresses so damn slowly. Still, something is better than nothing.

Thanks for your thoughts....I do agree with you: only if I train it consistently is it truly going to improve and I have zero passion for this lift so I have to take what I get.

Thank you :)

I know I hear you. I'm not a powerlifter so I don't "need" to bench and you're right: I don't even like the lift.

It's just that it irks me to know that my bench progresses so damn slowly. Still, something is better than nothing.

Thanks for your thoughts....I do agree with you: only if I train it consistently is it truly going to improve and I have zero passion for this lift so I have to take what I get.

Thank you :)

DEADLIFT Training - Mesocycle 29 Week 2

Second week...I have to travel for work a bit this week so my training might be interrupted once again...I'm gonna experiment a little bit as well.

Deadlift Warm-ups:
Mobility Drills
135 x 3
135 x 4
245 x 4
295 x 5
345 x 3
385 x 3
415 x 2

Deadlift Consolidation Cycle Week 4:
445 x 4
445 x 4
445 x 4
For those of you who want to know what the Consolidation Cycle is, click here: Strength Consolidation. I am going to use this 445 x 4 x 3 as a base for the next few weeks in which I hope to incorporate the principles of SDT Progression.

Static Holds for Grip Training:
275 x 10 seconds
315 x 9 seconds
365 x 10 seconds
405 x 0
385 x 0
365 x 3 seconds
Wow...quite a bit of strangeness.

Front Planks:
BW x 90s x 3

Hand Extensions:
2 bands x 25 x 3

Video:

SQUAT Training - Mesocycle 29 Week 2

Today's training...Decided to do the 4-Squat workout...

Overhead Squats:
135 x 4
155 x 4
I'm doing these after a long long time...wow...

Front Squats:
255 x 3
275 x 2
285 x 2

Back Squats:
285 x 5
315 x 2
325 x 1

Anderson Half Squats:
325 x 1
325 x 2

Pull-ups: