Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

20 sets but only 1 hour in the gym???

big calvin

say i work about 1 muscle a day but im only in the gym for less then an hour and do like 16-20 sets per muscle? would that be to much?. i mean what i wanted to try was slowly upping the weight ever set , cause what i normally do is 2-3 warmups sets and then hit it hard for 2-3 sets. and i think its making me prone to injurys. lets say something like a chest workout woud like like this:
bench press 15,12,10,8,6
incline bench press 15,12,10,8,6
incline flys 15,12,10,8,6
cable crossover 15,12,10,8,6

thats ok right? im also on 20mg anavar so i think that should help right?

You could do that yes, but you wouldn't get anywhere with it.

If your goal is to stay at the current size you are, then continue. If you wanna grow, reduce sets.

1 muscle a day would mean 1 or no rest days in a week. Workout no more than 4 days a week. Do 2-3 muscles per workout.

16-20 sets is far too much. Do no more than 6 working sets for large muscles and 4 for small muscles. Take every set to failure.

You could get more done more efficiently in the same time it would take you to destroy your chest in an hour.

I personally don't agree with any of you. Don't take that as a flame...just my experience. I still don't see why some people only train each bodypart "once" a week. Is your recovery ability that bad??! You can do that many sets per bodypart even when <gasp> natural, but there has to be some method to your madness.

Check your mail man.

------------------
m.pstm.8106.e.jpg

"I'm having an old friend for dinner."

Why would one want to train like that 2x a week? Don't you have a life? Not to flame at all...but I love my free time. It makes me really want to get back into the gym the next workout.

I could not lift and do all of those sets. After I finished killing myself on flat and inclines..I would be dead and anything else would just be a waste. As of right now...I do the following for chest:

Flat Bench
4 sets of 1-3 reps

Incline Bench
3 sets of 1-6 reps

Incline Dumbell press
2 sets of 8 reps

That's it...go back inside the house and eat like a mad man!!!

B True

thanks eveyone. i have tried the 4-6(max-ot) training and gotten good results but after it was like i would go in the gym always trying a all new best in my lifts. and then over trained not because i was doing to much but be cause i was taxing my neavous(sp) system and not taxing the muscle. thats why i wanted to try volume training cause it doesnt need so much intensity. im not saying i dont need intensity but would u rather do 5*5 of about 80% 1rm then 2 sets of 90-95% 1rm? with 5 sets it takes my large muscle to recover(not sore) 2-3 days. so i can do 1 of 2 things. hit the muscle every 2-3 days and do 5 sets per workout of that muscle or do do all my work for that muscle in one day and wait 1 week till recovered. shouldnt that work? i mean i starting to not like
this HIT stuff anymore. its looks ok for a diff. thing but isnt the volume trianig a tried and true thing man?

i mean 6 sets for quads is alot if u do them balls to the wall but i mean do u do this for all 6 sets? im sure if u did 20 rep breathing squats for all sets u would grow like mad but how many time did u reach that 20 reps like u wanted? u know u gave up at 18 or 19 . after just 1 set i cant no more. but what did u tax? the muscle or your neavous system?

i dont know if 20 sets is going to be to much but all this talk about lowering sets seems like hip thing to do now. i mean first every one would do 20 sets, then droped to 12 then 6 and alot are only doing 1-2 i mean come on. im not saying more is better but i mean they has to be some work done right?

if you can train like that once a week and recover by the next chest day then cut the routine in half and train 2 times a week,much more effective for size,if you want endurance then train with the large sets

------------------
" The Lord said he can get me out of this one, but he's pretty sure you're fucked."

"Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity."

"Its not when you die its how you live"

Top Bottom