Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

20 rep squat

AndrewCreaten9

[FONT=&quot]I've been doing 20 rep squat for about 2 months or so, I've made some good gains, I went from 80kg*20 to 120kg*20 and 125kg*17 (ipf depth) but I've noticed that after the 5th-8th rep of every 20 rep set I always find myself just goodmorning the weight up, and by the end of the set it's basically turned into a full blown good morning as soon as I come out the hole. I used to accept the goodmorning as it would usually only happen on the last few reps but now it's happening on most of the reps. Is this normal, or should I stop and work on the imbalance in my back and legs. My squat pattern used to be fairly okay but I feel that the balls to the wall mentality of 20 rep squat has moved me toward adopting the squat morning technique and even for say a set of 5 I'd probably end up doing good mornings for the last 1 or 2 reps.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Should also note that I don't have a belt and I was wondering if I used a belt would it fix the problem?[/FONT]

I would personally say to cut back on your squat volume, and start mixing in more front squats. These will force you out of the good morning type lift (or you will crash and burn), and really help you learn to keep your core more rigid and straight at the bottom.
As far as belts, they won't prevent your issue, but instead just give you something to actively push back on while you brace your core. You should lift beltless to as high of a rep weight as you can, and then add the belt only to push past that.

i want you to practice good form instead of inventing magic numbers to hit on your lifts.

that is why crossfit type lifting causes so many injuries. it is about X volume and to hell with form

another mistake is ego lifting with too much weight in the gym. i'm not impressed with some perma bulker who squats 400 with shitty form. i am more impressed with that skinny 20 year old whose coach taught him to squat with proper form doing 1 plate.

It could lead to injury. No need to go so high with the repetition bro. Make sure you look after your body!

Top Bottom