x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

20 Rep Deadlifts DO NOT INCREASE 1 Rep Max

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about 20 Rep Deadlifts DO NOT INCREASE 1 Rep Max within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: Two of my workout partners, who are very advanced lifters have done 20 rep deadlifts for 6 weeks. One guy had a previous max of 535 deadlift, and worked up to 385 x 20 on the deadlift , starting with 325 Another guy, with previous max of 500 deadlift, worked up to 340 on deadlift, starting with 275 Today they tested their maxes. They BARELY got 515 and 475 respectively. Those 6 weeks of 20 rep deadlifts actually brought their lifts down!

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

revexrevex

20 Rep Deadlifts DO NOT INCREASE 1 Rep Max

Two of my workout partners, who are very advanced lifters have done 20 rep deadlifts for 6 weeks.

One guy had a previous max of 535 deadlift, and worked up to 385 x 20 on the deadlift , starting with 325

Another guy, with previous max of 500 deadlift, worked up to 340 on deadlift, starting with 275

Today they tested their maxes. They BARELY got 515 and 475 respectively. Those 6 weeks of 20 rep deadlifts actually brought their lifts down!

Guru
    Good information.

For an athlete, the 20 rep deads would provide some benefits. . .such as total endurance output.

revexrevex
    Yep louden, it's very interesting.

I forgot to add that one guy was doing them sumo style, and another conventional. They were training 3 days a week on a very low volume routine to prevent overtraining.

Muscle Pimp
    I suspected.

Good Broly
    Interesting: I've always been told that higher reps for legs is better. I consider 10 reps on squats to be "low reps". Maybe that's why my legs aren't growing

Muscle Pimp
    10 reps is cardio! lol

slobberknocker
    Originally posted by spatts
    10 reps is cardio! lol

Yeah, and 8 is definitely no picnic.

Muscle Pimp
    I rarely deadlift a full ROM max. 3-4 times a year max. How's that for low reps?