Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

2 Gvt? Or Not 2 Gvt?

Phumunda

Hey guys... (and gals)

I'm new to deez threads and I'd like a few opinions about this "German Volume Training" I've read about (the artform formerly know as "ten sets method" or some shite...) Anyway, I'm looking for people who have tried it or know someone who has and let me know if the results are worth it. Is there anyone out there who can prove or disprove its effectiveness? Thanx in advance.

Phumunda :rolleyes:

I'm on a four day split right now...

Chest
Back/Shoulders
Rest
Arms
Legs
Rest
Rest

- Just basicly doing about 12 sets on each (split up over 3 exercises) plus a few concentration sets after... Yes, it has worked (up 40 lbs - 6 months) but I think I've hit a plateau and would like to know if this GVT is the way to go to *shock* my muscles into more growth.

Oh, forgot one other thing... Cardio and Abs fall in there somewhere (usually the day after Back/Shoulders) So for all you traditionalists out there, I'm not neglecting the ol' ticker...

Well it won't "shock" them into growth, but perhaps if you're been doing maximal lifting (8 reps or less to failure) for a while it may help via correcting irrational hypertrophy, gives the nervous system a break, and so on.

The first thing I would do is just change some exercises around and see if you get progressing again. If not, then it may be time to try something such as GVT (ne need to follow ir to the letter or anything, just some submaximal training for higher reps and sets with shorter rest periods, etc).

yepper. what cackerots sayin.

key being submaximal and shorter rest. many bros are lacking in one or both. too heavy too long of rest. we're talkin hypertrophy not power training.

Ok... thanx. I'd have to say that sounds a bit more rational than what I was concidering. I'll give it a shot and see what happens. Thanx again.

Phumunda :)

Top Bottom