Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

2 day split?

swordfish151

Hey guys, this is for my girl, she wanted to know about 2 day splits..meaning that right now she wants to drop BF first and maintain muscle...currently she will be doing an hour of cardio 5-6X a/wk...she wants to keep lifting but would like some input on a 2 day program..remember leaning down is priority right now..any suggests on routines? please post up!

I would go like this:

Monday -- A
Wednesday -- B
Friday -- A

Monday -- B
Wednesday -- A
Friday -- B

you get the idea anyway.

now for the exercises:
A) chest, back, tris, bis
flat bench press
db rows
skull crushers
barbell curls

b) delts, legs
db shoulder press
db laterals
squats
lunges
calve raise (optional)

because of the cardio, the calves may already be getting hit hard. i know my SO never trains her calves but they look very very good because all her cardio.

I see girls doing countless time/ effort into cardio. I see this girl almost all the time and she still looks the same.. I could make her look damn good too if i told her what to do, but i think i'd get slapped, lol.

anyways. of course you know diet is number 1 Fishy. i think a hour is too much. she can do 20 minutes of HIIT. or 30 - 40 minutes of cardio on treadmill/ eliptial/ stairclimber. Cardio in the mornig is the best time. worked great for me last summer.

2 day splits.. are u talking about 2 dyas on, 1 day off, repeat? that would be a good routine, keeping sets at 9 total per muscle group.

sweed said:
I see girls doing countless time/ effort into cardio. I see this girl almost all the time and she still looks the same.. I could make her look damn good too if i told her what to do, but i think i'd get slapped, lol.

anyways. of course you know diet is number 1 Fishy. i think a hour is too much. she can do 20 minutes of HIIT. or 30 - 40 minutes of cardio on treadmill/ eliptial/ stairclimber. Cardio in the mornig is the best time. worked great for me last summer.

2 day splits.. are u talking about 2 dyas on, 1 day off, repeat? that would be a good routine, keeping sets at 9 total per muscle group.

no meaning one day upper body/then the other day lower....just 2 days to lift...and do cardio 6X a wk..i think your right about the HIIT

Whatever she does for cardio don't let it be lollygagging at a constant pace for an hour. As sweed mentioned, interval training is key and far far more effective with less time input. You can do timed or distance intervals sprinting, swimming, on a stationary bike, on an eliptical machine - whatever.

For the weight training, let her squat, incline, row, pullups, and deadlift (any pulling from the floor) twice a week if you want only 2 days of weights. Break them into heavier and lighter groupings so you aren't going heavy on all of them twice a week, don't overload her on the volume. Just get her to make consistent increases in the lifts. This is 2 full body workouts. If you really feel the need to split the body for a basic trainee then do what view suggested or adopt your own.

If she watches her diet, uses a decent amount of interval training, and hits the weights with reasonable effort she can't go wrong.

Top Bottom