Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

2 day split

SoreArms

(I posted before about having a second job where the schedule changes week by week). This week, I am only able to go to the gym tuesday and thursday. The next available gym day after that will be either Sunday morning or Mon.

So this week I'm goign to do a two day split. I am thiking of doing lower body (legs) tuesday and upperbody on thurs. Legs are a 1 1/2 hour tops work out though (simple routine of squats, leg curls and calf raises. Basically takes care of the entire leg), so I was thinking of doing a few other muscles so that thursdays upper body workout will not be so crowded. I was thinking of doing legs, and shoulders. You guys think that would be OK? What other muscles would be ok or better to do on this day?

Any other suggestions for a better two day split?

I already do abs, forearms and calfs with every workout.

thanks in advance

SoreArms said:
thanks for the help fellas!
Relax bro.....sarcasm won't get you very far around here...will just piss people off and force them to ignore your thread..........Anywho, it's EXTREMELY hard to build a solid physique as a weekend warrior (or 2 days a week)........IMHO, you will need at least 3 days, unless you are a true genetic freak. Something like lower body M and F with upper body on W; then the following week it would be upper on M and F and lower T.........Westside or dc training might be best for you...........granted it doesn't have to be MWF, it can be T,Th, Su or whenever you can make it in.......on your off days, do cardio, calestenics, deep stretches, etc..........

PS. Go TRIBE>

Thanks bro,

for the most part I keep a 3 day split, some weeks I will do 4 days, but as I stated above I recently started a new (second) job where the schedule changes weekly. This week I will only be able to work out 2 days, so I want to switch up to a two day split for this week (and whenver the schedule puts me in this bind again). I might be able to go workout again on Sunday morning, but I look at Saturday as the end of this workout week, so I just want to make sure I workout all the nescessary msucle groups this week. Sunday I'll worry about next week.

SO my question is how to best group the muscle groups for a 2 day split. I thinks it's obvious that one day is lower body (legs) and the other day upper body.

Lower body: Legs

Upper Body: chest, back, shoulder, arms

Aux (done every workout): Abs, calfs, fore arms

However, as you can see, upper body is much more involved that a legs workout so I want to do one or two upper body muscle groups along with legs. Maybe shoulders? But then that leaves alot of big muscles for upper body. Chest, back and arms in one session might be too taxing.

SoreArms said:
Thanks bro,

for the most part I keep a 3 day split, some weeks I will do 4 days, but as I stated above I recently started a new (second) job where the schedule changes weekly. This week I will only be able to work out 2 days, so I want to switch up to a two day split for this week (and whenver the schedule puts me in this bind again). I might be able to go workout again on Sunday morning, but I look at Saturday as the end of this workout week, so I just want to make sure I workout all the nescessary msucle groups this week. Sunday I'll worry about next week.

SO my question is how to best group the muscle groups for a 2 day split. I thinks it's obvious that one day is lower body (legs) and the other day upper body.

Lower body: Legs

Upper Body: chest, back, shoulder, arms

Aux (done every workout): Abs, calfs, fore arms

However, as you can see, upper body is much more involved that a legs workout so I want to do one or two upper body muscle groups along with legs. Maybe shoulders? But then that leaves alot of big muscles for upper body. Chest, back and arms in one session might be too taxing.

You could add delts to legs or even arms since they are both realitvely small muscle groups....during tax season, I had pretty nice result doing Back and hamstrings one day....so then you could do arms, chest, delts and quads on day 2....actually, I think bis, back and hams on Day 1; quads chest, tris and delts on day 2

I was just discussing this with the guys here and the advise I got was to do back and bi's on my leg day, and chest, tri's and shoulders on the second day. This is not for a routine for just twice a week but it's the same logic for just twice a week.

Last edited:
Top Bottom