Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

#2 CoC gripper.

D

Debaser

I either closed it last night or I was a hair off, it was hard to tell because my hand was shaking. All thanks to the KTA program, and I haven't even followed it to the letter. I took nearly a week off to rehab my left hand. Now I'm just going to go ahead full-steam with my right and do about half the volume with my left until it's fully healed.

Debaser said:
I either closed it last night or I was a hair off, it was hard to tell because my hand was shaking. All thanks to the KTA program, and I haven't even followed it to the letter. I took nearly a week off to rehab my left hand. Now I'm just going to go ahead full-steam with my right and do about half the volume with my left until it's fully healed.

Great work!! How many reps were you hitting with the number one? I just hit 19. Keep it up!!!!!!!!

SWEET!!!!!

B True

Walkingbeast I'm not sure, though I will try it sometime. KTA has you perform mostly singles.

The #3 is a MONSTER. The difference between the 2 and 3 seems as wide as the grand canyon. This gripper could very well take a LONG time to mash, even with the KTA program.

Debaser said:
Walkingbeast I'm not sure, though I will try it sometime. KTA has you perform mostly singles.

The #3 is a MONSTER. The difference between the 2 and 3 seems as wide as the grand canyon. This gripper could very well take a LONG time to mash, even with the KTA program.

Sounds like it! The 2 seems within my reach soon. The 3 sounds insane! The weight jumps get huge for some reason after 2.

Just got a small sponsorship from a company who makes a few different grippers. They have several that are between the T, 1, 2, and 3. As soon as they arrive...I'll be posting pics and links!!!!

Debaser: I'm not really training to close the #3 regularly or anything...but I do the CoC's 3x a week. Here is my basic grip program that I've been using to help with the Hercules Hold and the Farmers Walk.

Sunday:
Farmers Walk (competition style, and heavy)

Monday:
Trainer x 3 each hand for warm-up
#3 attempt close and hold for 10 seconds
#1 x 2-3 sets of 20-30 reps (hard)

Wednesday:
#3 attempt close
#2 timed hold (37 seconds last week)
#1 for 1-2 sets of 25-25 reps (hard)

Thursday:
#3 attempt close (optional)
#2 x 1-2 sets of 5-10 reps (not hard)
Trainer x 2-3 sets of 24-30 reps

Any thoughts?

Like I said...my main goal is to increase static grip strength for holding the farmers walk for a distance/time as well as static strength to hold the Hercules Hold.

B True

PDA website

This is what www.fractionalplates.com has to say about the Ironmind grippers.

http://www.fractionalplates.com/cgibin/edatcat/PDAstore.cgi?user_action=detail&catalogno=9.15

"The most obvious problem with run-of-the-mill grippers is the historical absence of quality control and non-disclosure of design changes without corresponding changes in ratings. Pick up a particular one of their models and it might feel pretty good in your hand. It might have a nice fit and you can work it. But, pick up another piece, even with the same model number, and it’s OK but clearly different. Pick up the next and you can’t even get your fingers around it to get it started. What’s up with that? Pick up a current version of one model and you can close it. Pick up a ’97 version of the same model and you can’t budge it. Pick up a 'double-stamp' model and there's no telling where it will fall compared to the supposedly comparable 'single stamp' models."

Check that link above, there is an entire page on why the big jumps in the grippers. There is alot of variability in the Ironmind.
My #3 from two years ago is easy to mash. My buddy bought a new double stamped #3 and I could only get the handles to within an 1/8" which is a long ways off.

The site says after a 100 crushes the gripper becomes "seasoned" and the spring tension levels out.

The are a couple companies that have grippers with weights in between the Ironmind gripper weights.

Top Bottom