Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

10x10 routine for arms.... Anyone ever do it??

psychedout

I was just flipping through an issue of Flex (from a few months ago, its the one with the 21-gun solute).

Anyways, they have a bunch of arm shockers.

It looks something like this:

Triceps -- Rope Pushdowns 10 sets of 10 reps
Biceps -- Barbell Curls 10 sets of 10 reps
Forearms -- Writs Curls 10 sets of 10 reps

The idea is that you push each set to failure -- and the weight you use will likely decrease as you go on.

What do you all think??

AWILD -- I think its only meant to be used to shock your arms...

If you used it every week, you would definetly overtrain.

If you took every set to absolute failure......you`d never make it to ten sets and if you did make it to ten sets then you weren`t taking every set to absolute failure........and if you did take every set to absolute failure you wouldn`t HAVE to do ten sets !!!.......jus my .02

Last edited:
I don't think it would be such a bad workout to try evry once in a while if your interested in shocking your muscles. However, I would much rather prefer doing an exercise such as skullcrushers or decline db extensions instead of ropes for hitting your triceps.

Current researchshows that generally anything past the 4th set in a given workout of the same lift yeilds no benefits.

In any even, if you consider yourself to be a serious bodybuilder, either throw out your old issue of Flex, or use them as decorative toilet paper. Quite possibly the worst bodybuilding magazine out today, and that is saying alot, when one considers how bad some are.

And your point Psychedout was kinda the same as the point I was getting at...... Now if you really wanna split some hairs........why did the author of that article in Flex choose 10 sets ? Why not 9 sets, or 11 sets or 7 sets ?
Does something truly magical and mystical happen at 10 sets ?
Whats the relevancy with the number 10 ????
How about exercising some instinctive training and or mind/muscle connection as opposed to an arbitrary number....as in..... do ten reps and as many sets until YOU feel the muscle is totally and indisputably fatigued. That may happen at 5/6/7 etc. sets. To keep going just to reach the magical number 10 is.............excuse my french...............fuckin stupid.
For all we know the author could be some pansy ass dweeb under pressure from his boss at Flex Corporate to come up with something that sounds original cuz they`re running out of stuff to put in next months edition !!!........I don`t remember where I read this, it could have been Hatfield or Draper but it went......You can put everything one needs to know about bodybuilding in ONE issue of a magazine, but if they did that......they would be out of business...................... ;)

I tried the old german volume training, the 10x10 before, I ended up losing strength and gained no size from it

Top Bottom