Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

1 ton hooks

skullcrushin22

http://www.1tonhooks.com/1TonHooks.htm

I came across this site and wanted to see what you guys thought of these. Now most people dont use anything like this because they want to improve their hand grip strength. What if you werent worried about your grip strength though? Im not planning on buying these I just wanted to see what you guys had to say about them.

I wouldn't use them. I want to be strong, complete, and practical... Never had the chance to 'fix' my hand to something I am trying to pull/lift/push.

i've got a pair. and the first thing i will tell you is that the weight doesn't sit still and will pinch the fuck out of your fingers. i'm not used to bunching my fingers together, so they hang over a bit. not a well thought out product. imo.

I used something similar once or twice, many moons ago. POS.

I've yet to see anything to beat straps. Bear in mind that a time might come when all you want to do is release the weight as rapidly as physics will permit. You don't want to be unable to drop the bar.

blut wump said:
I used something similar once or twice, many moons ago. POS.

I've yet to see anything to beat straps. Bear in mind that a time might come when all you want to do is release the weight as rapidly as physics will permit. You don't want to be unable to drop the bar.

True. There were a few times I completely let go because of my back. That would suck not being able to drop it.

Re: 1 ton hooks & 1 ton lifting hooks

I checked out www.1-ton-hooks.com/1-ton-hooks.html and I have also used one ton hooks for weight lifting. I'll have to disagree with the 1 ton hooks being uncomfortable. When I started using 1 ton lifting hooks it enabled me to lift a lot more weight because my forearm muscles were not strong enough.
Check out more info at www.1-ton-hooks.com
:)

I have and use something similar for heavy shrugs. The grip is my weakest link when doing shrugs so I try not to use them to build the grip. But, I want to go as heavy as possible and really hold the negative from time to time. This allows me to go into higher weight ranges.

I tried them for deads and I think it's a really bad idea to strapped in. It's an injury waiting to happen IMHO.

1 Ton Hooks

I came across this site and wanted to see what you guys thought of these. Now most people dont use anything like this because they want to improve their hand grip strength. What if you werent worried about your grip strength though? Im not planning on buying these I just wanted to see what you guys had to say about them.

the problem with hooks is that the size needs to be exact for them to work and you cant get that. if they fit right they are good hence the good comments. if they dont fit right you will have the problems listed here.

the problem with hooks is that the size needs to be exact for them to work and you cant get that. If they fit right they are good hence the good comments. If they dont fit right you will have the problems listed here.

+1

Top Bottom