Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

1 rep training rules

bulkingMAN

some people say never to train 1 rep maxes, others so you should. I disagree with the first opinion, how are you supposed to know how much you are capable of if you never test your limit? If you are a strongman or powerlifter shouldn’t you atleast try this every now and then. I’m not saying everyday, but you should push to your max.

Do 80% of your max for 4 reps and you know your max, usually hard to tell

wouldn't it be wonderful to just go into the gym and do 1 rep max of each exercise and call it a day?

unfortunately that does not work

the main issue is our bodies are not robots, and you WILL get injured just doing max outs like a gorilla every time you lift

save 1 rep maxes for competition day only

Arguably on ever in competition. You can use a one rep max calculator to get an idea of where you are. I often council AGAINST my lads trying too frequently to do 1RM (like every 3 - 4 weeks if at all).

Truthfully I don’t even worry about maxes anymore. I cared about that stuff when I was young now I’m just worried about tearing the muscle down as much as possible.

Top Bottom