Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

1 rep max bench

FelixBenitez

[FONT=&quot]Recently I completely plateaued on bench.. So I started a 5x5 sort of deal for bench, and it worked out alright.. Then later I switched it up and started warming up, then jumping right into my one rep max and working my way down..[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I've had some of the best chest days of my life training like this, but progress is kind of harder to judge.. I know a lot of guys say "you should be putting more weight on the bar every week".. Well with this routine I'm not really changing the weights all that much, I'm progressing in rep ranges..[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]So here's what my progress is like.. Every week I've been adding 1 rep to my maxes.. So for example, here's what progress would look like[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]week 1- 225x1[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]week 2- 225x2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]week 3- 225x3[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Anyway, it's continued like that, and my 1 rep max 5 weeks ago is now my 5 rep max.. So since I'm not actually adding more weight on, its a little harder to judge my progress.. What do you guys think?.. Should I ride with this routine as long as it works or is the progress nothing special?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Do what works for you until it no longer does, then switch up your program after that

Top Bottom