Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

1 Hour Of Cardio Per Workout

nodial1

Hi I have a Question. I work out 4-5 days a week. When I do my workouts I lift weights first then do my Cardio. I do 1 hour of cardio. I will do two 30 minute sessions of rowing machine, stair master, treadmill or transport. In the gym I am sweating like a god damn pig (more then anyone else), I have good cardio fitness for my size but I am 210 and 5'7". I am doing this much cardio because I really want to lose the excess fat. 210 lbs for me is not really too bad because I am naturally a heavy person, 170 would be very skinny for me. Anyways is this too much cardio. Also should I really cut back on complex carbs because I have been eating beans and rice and bread and shit. Thanks.

an hour is alot. it leaves you kind of stuck as far as varying your time since you are going for so long. with your conditioning being so good on those machines i would find a machine that is new to you and cut back your time until you get used to it. are you getting in your target heart rate when you go for an hour?

also, regarding your diet? have you calculated what exactly your body needs calorie-wise? if you dont know that then i would say that it is all guess work you are going on. once you find out what you need, you need to find out what you are actually taking in. with those 2 things known you cant fail. take in a little less than your required daily intake making sure to get enough protein and you should lose the fat. diet is very important, cardio is the next second, 3rd being adequate muscle mass to burn up the calories. if you put on a bit more muscle your body requires more and thus will burn at a faster rate, provided you maintain most of the muscle, and thats where your proper nutrition comes in.

good luck

WarLobo has a great post on cardio (yep, a whole hour's worth) on the Women's Board. I don't have the link but you can look it up.

If you can make strength gains and do that
much cardio, you're probably fine. (I know all the big guys don't like cardio, but this post really opened my eyes.) It worked for me, as burning fat is my primary objective right now.

In general I normally feel an hour of cardio is to much. (Maybe that is because I just can't stand being on those machines for that long.) But seriously i find most of my trainees lose a lot of lean tissue when doing that amount of cardio.

One technique I like to use is interval training. You burn a good amount of calories, you are on and off the machine in 15-20 minutes, and you lessen the catabolic environment somewhat. Hope this post is of some help to you.

Thanks for the replies, I will take all into consideration. I know that big guys don't like cardio. Personally I find it difficult to spend more then 1 hour just lifting weights. Interval training sounds fun, I would look into that but I can't afford a personal trainer, and I certainly don't wanna run around the gym looking like a MORON!...LOL especially since I work out at a 24 hr workout.

Originally posted by nodial1:
LOL especially since I work out at a 24 hr workout.

oh trust me....i have stories for you. you'll be fine even if you had on a chicken suit and you were hopping like a frog. some of the trainers where im at have some crazy maneuvers they have thier clients do. i guess they work their self confidence as well as body. hehe.

good luck, there are tons of ways to get good cardio going and to change it up to keep your body guessing.

I think you'v also gotta think "how intense is my one hour" After 20 minutes of cardio, I'm
completly knackered.
Grotto.

Top Bottom