Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

*Best Mass-Builder For BACK?*

*Which made the biggest difference?*

• Deadlifts

Votes: 65 34.9%
  • Chins

Votes: 41 22.0%
  • Bentover Rows

Votes: 47 25.3%
  • T-Bar Rows

Votes: 10 5.4%
  • Dumbbell Rows

Votes: 10 5.4%
  • Pullovers

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Cable Rows

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Cable Pulldowns

Votes: 6 3.2%

• Total voters
If you could only pick one exercise to build a complete back it would have to be bent over bar rows - hits lats, traps, erectors, rear delts and the "cookie cutter" muscles. If you could only do two, then drop the rows and do chins followed by deads. But you don't have to do just one or two. So use chins, deads and rows and clean variations.

I did rack chins, BB rows and deads on tuesday, day after I was fine. On chest/bi's day (yesterday) I did pullovers and underhand chins and suddenly now my lats are sore as fuck and my lower traps too...

Last edited:
Deadlifts
Rows
Chins

I think you need em all for complete development.
Snatches do a lot for my back too though. My upper back grows in a whole different way from the Olympic lifts.

All i really do is deadlifts and bent rows and my back has bulked up since 7 months ago. I'm trying to raise my chins now by doing assisted chinups.

Deadlifts are excellent for strength and contribute to overall body mass increases but specifically adding muscle to your back - Bent over barbell rows are the king.

Top Bottom