Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

*Best Mass-Builder For BACK?*

*Which made the biggest difference?*

• Deadlifts

Votes: 65 34.9%
  • Chins

Votes: 41 22.0%
  • Bentover Rows

Votes: 47 25.3%
  • T-Bar Rows

Votes: 10 5.4%
  • Dumbbell Rows

Votes: 10 5.4%
  • Pullovers

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Cable Rows

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Cable Pulldowns

Votes: 6 3.2%

• Total voters
I'm with Canadian Oak......Deads for lower, and TBar for upper, I've been on a mission for width the last few months and have added at least 3" to my lat width overall, with heavy tbars (180# drop sets)....I'm looking forward to breaking my 200# mark as I know it'll be worth it.

I always finish back day with Lat Pulldowns after I'm wasted as it tweaks upper and lower and tie-ins.....so it's dropsets from the most the rack has (about 200# at our gym) dropping 20% each time running to failure and doing 3 forced reps each time.

deadlifts, chins and pullovers are my favourites for back. Im not really sure what gave me my lat width though as I havnt really had a staple pulldown or row movement. The only exercise I have done since I started was deads. I think also stretching the lats before and after workouts and also practising spreading the lats has helped my spread too.

on a second note, who keeps bringing all these old polls back by voting on them?

^^^I dont see any...

Chins and bent over rows in that order cuz if you cant do chins your outta shape!

My favorite has always been chins. Hands down. I've been doing a lot of T-Bar lately though and I'm really liking what I'm seeing from that.

When you guys say "chins", do you mean Chin-ups (i.e. palms facing towards you)? I thought they worked your bicep muscles more than anything, and I thought that pullups (i.e. palms facing away) worked your shoulders and back. Please correct me if I'm wrong, as "chins" seems to be the favored exercise for back.

When you guys say "chins", do you mean Chin-ups (i.e. palms facing towards you)? I thought they worked your bicep muscles more than anything, and I thought that pullups (i.e. palms facing away) worked your shoulders and back. Please correct me if I'm wrong, as "chins" seems to be the favored exercise for back.

Thats a girl chin up lol... wide grip palms out! :evil:

Top Bottom