Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

**** Lifting Video for 2010 ***

Regarding it being a valid argument, I would say that for functional strength front squats and overhead presses are much better than back squats and bench press.

bingo the only functional lift in powerlifting is deads. If you want functional strength then strongman training is where it's at, not powerlifting. Picking up sand bags and kegs, throwing kegs and barrels, carrying objects like hussafel's stone (sp?), carrying heavy shit in your hands and arms and picking shit up from the ground for fairly high reps are much more likely to be things you may come across in real life.

Powerlifting isn't that functional, especially when it is equipped powerlifting as opposed to raw powerlifting...

bingo the only functional lift in powerlifting is deads. If you want functional strength then strongman training is where it's at, not powerlifting. Picking up sand bags and kegs, throwing kegs and barrels, carrying objects like hussafel's stone (sp?), carrying heavy shit in your hands and arms and picking shit up from the ground for fairly high reps are much more likely to be things you may come across in real life.

Powerlifting isn't that functional, especially when it is equipped powerlifting as opposed to raw powerlifting...
Thats true. And you have to also consider this: not everyone has the opportunity to haul 600 lbs tires all over the place. For people who don't have the strongman equipment, doing other lifts which can be as close to them is important. For example, there is no way I can have access to a yoke up pick up and walk around so I can try to mimic something close to that: barbell walkouts. It is not the same thing but it is something close to the real deal.

Good point, EM :)

I seriously feel like I've either just experienced DeJaVu or I've seen parts of this video before quite some time ago.

Looking GREAT man!!! Very impressive body no matter what anyone says. For sure something that most anyone wanting to be a "bodybuilder" would be inspired to have.

I can criticize your form all day, but I also criticize and study my form and others all day as well. Mine is so far from perfect. People say my Deadlift form is crap but the supposedly "bad" form works better for me when I NEED to make a weight (safely). I know that if I did quarter squats like you posted, my knees would ache for days and days. Your elbows out, then super out, on the bench press would kill me as well.

I'm 6'2" and anywhere from 280-297 lbs with visible abs (not as lean as you and not as good looking as you, for sure)...and I can do all full ROM exercises (except military press...haaaaa).

How is your primary goal strength and you don't even bench?? sorry orb dont mean to seem judgemental, just giving my 2 cents

I have to go with Andalite here.

I do very steep incline benches, but that is it, and I am the exception in my group, NONE of them bench. My decision is based mostly on those around me. I am one of the few in my crew that has not torn a pec while benching. On top of it, in my sport it is not relevant to any type of competition activity, and in life has no functional use unless you are an NFL offensive lineman - and then I think I could make an argument that isn't the case either.

If I were still PLing I of course would bench. Other than that though, the risk/reward ratio to me is not worth it.

B-

I do very steep incline benches, but that is it, and I am the exception in my group, NONE of them bench. My decision is based mostly on those around me. I am one of the few in my crew that has not torn a pec while benching. On top of it, in my sport it is not relevant to any type of competition activity, and in life has no functional use unless you are an NFL offensive lineman - and then I think I could make an argument that isn't the case either.

If I were still PLing I of course would bench. Other than that though, the risk/reward ratio to me is not worth it.

B-
This too but who said that the bench press is the best test of strength? Some guy ages ago and ever since then it is harped about like the holy fucking grail.

This too but who said that the bench press is the best test of strength? Some guy ages ago and ever since then it is harped about like the holy fucking grail.
I love benching,,,,,but it sucks the cawk compared to deadlifting:D

B-

Do steep inclines give you much carryover to axle pressing? I'm assuming this is why you're doing them.

Btw, my fat gripz should be here just in time for my Wednesday OHP session. I'm very much looking forward to using these. I will mainly be using them for OHP, curls, and tri extensions. CGBP too when I reintroduce them into my training.

Do steep inclines give you much carryover to axle pressing? I'm assuming this is why you're doing them.

Btw, my fat gripz should be here just in time for my Wednesday OHP session. I'm very much looking forward to using these. I will mainly be using them for OHP, curls, and tri extensions. CGBP too when I reintroduce them into my training.

I wish I could quantify the carryover for you, but I believe that there is some. For me it is in the lockout and stabilizing of the axle or log. Also I suppose it would come into play in something like a tire flip where you are pushing off at a pretty high angle, but there you also have a lot of leg drive too.

Once you go fat, you'll never go back. That applies to ladies as well as training equipment.

B-

I wish I could quantify the carryover for you, but I believe that there is some. For me it is in the lockout and stabilizing of the axle or log. Also I suppose it would come into play in something like a tire flip where you are pushing off at a pretty high angle, but there you also have a lot of leg drive too.

Once you go fat, you'll never go back. That applies to ladies as well as training equipment.

B-

I have the fat ladies down pat :D

Hmm...interesting

I learned quite a few things in this thread

One thing I disagree with -I love my bench...wouldnt give it up for anything

Top Bottom