Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

**** Lifting Video for 2010 ***

Ok bro, do you want people to kiss your ass or tell you the truth??

Videos look great...YOU look great, so you obviously know how to workout. But i'll be blunt because that's what I am.

Bench - you are going half way down....over-involving your triceps and shoulders and putting little emphasis on your chest...also it's a lot easier to rep three plates when it's half a rep. before you ask, I rep out 12 FULL reps on three plates and bench 415 lbs for 1-2 reps.

Squats - that was like moving the weight an inch down and then putting it back on the rack. I can squat 3 plates for FULL reps and a few reps on 4 plates and my legs look puny compared to yours....

All i'm saying is, proper form is underrated...you will improve all the more if you use proper form....

Not trashing or taking jabs at you, just providing my 2 cents

Ok bro, do you want people to kiss your ass or tell you the truth??

Videos look great...YOU look great, so you obviously know how to workout. But i'll be blunt because that's what I am.

Bench - you are going half way down....over-involving your triceps and shoulders and putting little emphasis on your chest...also it's a lot easier to rep three plates when it's half a rep. before you ask, I rep out 12 FULL reps on three plates and bench 415 lbs for 1-2 reps.

Squats - that was like moving the weight an inch down and then putting it back on the rack. I can squat 3 plates for FULL reps and a few reps on 4 plates and my legs look puny compared to yours....

All i'm saying is, proper form is underrated...you will improve all the more if you use proper form....

Not trashing or taking jabs at you, just providing my 2 cents

this is what I meant by my post, I wasnt hating on you...

ah.. i didnt mean harm really. the vid is good. the guy has some pretty good size. i simply noted there is a lot of bad form used on the video. my intentions where only meant to compliment and possibly help. im sorry if i sounded rude.

everyone has their methods and forms, but when you start getting a certain size, range of motion and a lot of the form goes to shit, look at cutler and most of these guys lift in the gym... they do a lot of weight in small concetrated spurts. It's obviously working for them and him, so do what works for you. No disrespect I think was intended by anyone and that's fine, but calling them quater squats ... please. have someone film your workout and post a video of it.... because going back and watching it you will most likely be embarased by your own form, weight and size.

everyone has their methods and forms, but when you start getting a certain size, range of motion and a lot of the form goes to shit, look at cutler and most of these guys lift in the gym... they do a lot of weight in small concetrated spurts. It's obviously working for them and him, so do what works for you. No disrespect I think was intended by anyone and that's fine, but calling them quater squats ... please. have someone film your workout and post a video of it.... because going back and watching it you will most likely be embarased by your own form, weight and size.

i have always been able to squat atg and dead lift without a rounded back. your deadlift looked horrid. that kind of stuff will come back to haunt you. the rom you are talking about is purposely used at times but not all the time. if you are losing a lot of mobility you are lkely not stretching enough.

1. Why exactly does form go to shit when you get to a certain size? I can name some big guys who I have seen performing lifts with extremely good form and even show you videos if you like...

2. they were quarter squats though, there is no denying that. Maybe the top half of the ROM allows him to use extra weight and overload his quads, yeah Im not arguing with that, but they were quarter squats. In my books a full squat would be ATG, a half squat would be parallel and a quarter squat would be something like what the guy in the video was doing.

Last edited:
I've seen Ronnie Coleman who is bigger doing full rom lunges with 135. You are not as big and doing 185 for partial lunges. Their is no reason for form to go to shit. The video was pretty interesting though.

A couple of things.

1) You posted a compilation video of yourself for all to look at.

2) You do look good in it.

3) You form on just about everything is really bad, but you have the body you have despite that.

4) Yes, they are quarter squats.

5) Size has nothing to do with form. I am bigger (not nearly as well cut up and defined as you - I am a strength athlete, 6'-270), stronger, and a lot older than you (based on your video), and none of those have anything to do with my form. Being "muscle bound" is a myth IMHO. I only have strongman vids out there but check out any of B fold's vids as proof.

6) Your video does really show that you have put a lot of time and effort into what you are doing, and that in itself should be inspiring. Also good for you to look back on as sort of a pseudo training log.

B-

I'm sorry but that all not true. Form does NOT go to shit when you get big...are you kidding me?? I lift more than you and I still use proper form. Come on bro. Don't kid yourself to make yourself feel better. You will hurt yourself if you use bad form. Eventually, it will fuck you up. This is friendly advice. and it's free.

Top Bottom