Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

(the_king)) needs some help!

T

((The_King))

Hey guys, I need to get back in the game. Powerlifting starts on December 4th(this monday) and its time to get back in the game. I am 16 years old, 5'9-5'10, about 145-150(random at times). I used to be over 220, so i lost all the weight, I also belive I lost most of my muscle anyhow I worked out last year for about 3 months straight, I got toned up and rebuilt my muscle. Ever since September, I've stopped completly. With that bein said... Powerlifting is weightlifting obviosuly but with the school. We have a schedual we follow(basically like every other weightlifer) which is good. One thing, I am thinking about using protien powder(i think creatine?). Is there any sideaffects to creatine, is it bad to use for a 16 year old?. Does creatine require extra hard work. Ive also heard that if you stop using creatine, it turns into all fat, is this true? Now that Ive said that.. For my diet. On monday, with powerlifting starting I will get into a diet. Problem is, I need some help with this diet? I wanna build muscle, not lose weight, although I do have a little gut which I will lose in the meantime because when you weightlift, you lose double the calories. Does anyone have a good diet for a 16 year old? Thank you very much! Replies/help appericated.

Why should I change my name? If your saying my name is gay? Whats worser then medical, wtf?

Welcome aboard. My name is "BiggT' so people in glass houses can't throw stones, lol.

First thing first....creatine is a waste of money. It won't do anything that red meat, whole eggs, and milk won't do. If you eat those foods in abundance, you wouldn't notice the effects of creatine.

Protein powders are fine, but they aren't magic, they simply are what they are, and that is dietary protein. You would ideally want to get most of your protein from solid foods, but for convenience/money the powders can come in handy.

You've been a little misguided (creatine, weightlifting burning 'double the calories' etc etc).....weightlifting does burn alories, and growing calorically expensive muscle does increase metabolism, so that is the benefit.

At 5'10 you can't be too, too fat at 150lbs, lol. You are most likely just undermuscled and you'll recomp once you start progressively training and eating properly....and NO, a guy at 5 10 who weighs 150lbs does not eat properly.

I don't want to say 'go to the diet board' because those guys and gals will have you micromanaging everything and running around with Tupperware containers filled with brocoli and tuna and worrying about the .001% of this that really does not matter.

Eat an abundance of good wholesome foods. Plain and simple eat enough protein, eat enough fiber, then fill the rest of your needs with what you want. Eat whole eggs, eat red meat, drink milk.

lmfao @ the newbie fight... stfu, all of you :rolleyes:

My answers to your questions:

Side Effects to taking creatine: bloating, if you choose to use monohydrate, pick up some C.E.E. (Creatine Ethyl Ester) like PureCEE if you want quality stuff. Shit, I used monohydrate when i was 16 and that was 7 years ago, lol... there's better stuff out now.

No muscle doesn't turn to fat when you stop taking creatine. Some creatine products say take it daily, a few times a day... that will make your muscles fuller and bloat a little bit thus making you seem bigger... yes that will go away after you stop taking it. I'd only recommend taking it pre workout for a little boost.

You want a power lifting diet? You just gotta eat man. Eat all the protein you can cram in and then get in a bunch of carbs and healthy fats.

Whole milk is an easy way to bump overall calories for a power lifter, drink it with every meal if you want.

Edit:
BiggT got to it first. Nicely done, but I won't give up my C.E.E. :evil: lol

Top Bottom