Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

(the_king)) needs some help!

((The_King)) said:
Thanks, I've gotten the same response from my dad. He was a bodybuilder when he was young, he's huge right now but ya know.. family and stuff, "the muscle is under him" :p. I'm physced for tommerow because I'm actually SERIOUS this time to work out and gain muscle. Also for my diet, I dont need a diet do i? Basically just eat all high protien foods, and I'm a little confused on how that works. Here's how I have planned out... for tommerow.

Morning : Oatmeal 'cinammeon'
12clock - Wheat with turkey/lettuice/tomatoes and a chocolate milk carten (school)
3clock - powerlifting, i belive all the way until 5 clock. so about 2 hours(NOT SURE)!
What should i do after that? Just eat high protien food right? Sorry.. i'm new to this :p

You don't need a diet in a sense that you need to track everything to a T.... Some things to make sure you're trying to do though are.1) Get a good protein source at every meal, just looking at your morning meal, you should add one in there. Since it's breakfast, the most popular source is usually eggs/whites/beaters etc ALONG with your oatmeal. The oatmeal is great too as a good carb source. That's important at most of your meals too, but especially in the morning and your pre-workout meal.

2) Try to get 6-8 meals throughout the day, this ensures a couple things... that you're metabolism is being fueled, and that you're keeping your body in an anabolic (muscle building) state. If you go for a long period without food, your body wants to feed and wastes muscle using it for fuel. (This would be catabolic).

3) Post workout a quick absorbing protein is often recommended, like a whey shake to replentish amino acids lost during exercise.

4) Before bed, think about the fact that you are sleeping for 7-9 hours without getting any food in your body.(think back to being in an anabolic state)..a slow absorbing protein source here is often used, cottage cheese if you can stand it, or there are powders too. Another option I've used is prepare another shake, and if you wake up in the middle of the night to go the bathroom at all like me, keep it on your nightstand or dresser and drink that in the middle of the night.

I wouldn't worry about tracking macros or anything like that, just eat often, eat good whole foods, make sure youre in a calorie surplus, lift heavy...and you're going to put on some good muscle. GL to ya...

ahh okay. So mightaswell just eggs/oatmeal for morning breakest.. SOUNDS GOOD.
About the 6-8 meals part.. thats gonna be hard because during school, we only get 1 lunch which mine is at 12 clock. So im basically gonna get
morning which is like 7clock - 12pm - 5pm(after workout). Then I'm guessing maybe at 7 or so, eat a smaller protion of what i ate at 5 clock, then right before bed, some cottage cheese(HMMMMMMMMMMM, we got lowfat cottage cheese at the house).
So basically that is, 5 meals everyday I will be eating. better then nothing, oh yea.. maybe add in some Beef jerky for a snack so make it 6 meals a day if you wanna say that. For shakes, what kind of shakes? I've tried some shake at the gym and oh my.. it tasts like SHIT but has alote of protien. Problem is, powerlifting starts at 3, and I dont have time to go and get a protien shake unless I buy it the day before, and I'm running on a low budget :p. but thanks for the help once again, I've gotten this all in my head :) BTW.. how much calories should i be eating? really, I dont even know how much I ate everday but im pretty sure its over 1,500( i think ).

((The_King)) said:
BTW.. how much calories should i be eating? really, I dont even know how much I ate everday but im pretty sure its over 1,500( i think ).
First, you need to track your caloric intake.....2nd off the top of my head I would say you should double that AT LEAST! If it is accurate but I bet you are eating more than 1500 now.

Yeah sorry, I am pretty damn sure I eat atleast over 2,000. Since i eat alote.

although it does look pretty good ((medical)), oldie.

Top Bottom