Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

(the_king)) needs some help!

From my experience and from what I have seen in others, pushups have absolutely zero carry-over to the bench press. (I guess they have some if you're totally untrained and also have a shitty bench, lol).....but don't worry about pushups, they are better than nothing, but cannot replace pressing weights and progressively adding resistance.

Multi-Vitamins are fine and are good to take....again, nothing magic, but ensures you get all your vitamins and all that stuff, which you should be getting even more of from food.

Post up your routine. I haven't commented on training because you said you were on the school's powerlifting team.....I want to see this program. If it is solid I will shut up and let your coach take care of it.....if it sucks a pair of balls, I will tell you it does. Also, familiarize yourself with the theory behind progressive overload (not days/sets/reps so much) but what actually is going on behind the lines.

You mentioned Ramadan, so I think it is safe to assume you're Jewish, in which case it is safe to assume that you are extremely intelligent, lol. The most important thing is to get the theory behind progressive training of lifts, you'll be fine then. Go through the training vault sticky and have a look at Madcow's stuff and the Mark Ripptoe beginner program...see if your school's program is similar in theory (focus on training lifts progressively).

((The_King)) said:
Yeah, I guess your right.
lol dont be a girl :p, got ya!
Does pushups have an impact on your benchpress.
I know this may sound weak but I do
10 when i wake up.
10 when i goto sleep
10 in between tv shows or when im bored.
I also take multivitamens from Onesource: Teens.( < I know this doesnt, or does it?).

Last time I've bencehd was before ramadan(october) which was 135. I also think that during ramadan(fasting) I've lost muscle because of this but I'm not gonna bitch about it.I will continue to benchpress what i can and get stronger!

ah okay, well I might aswell keep doing pushups, I feel good when i do them. I get my routine on monday which is when we start.... I'll post it up exactly how it is and I will update and how much i do and what kind of exerscises. and actually... im ARABIC, LOL. I'm...... not that smart actaully.

Make sure you start that journal here on Monday.......and read through the sticky at the top of this board too.

No problem, i will :)! Thanks for all your help man. in about 2 hours, salmon!!! :)

Hey guys, been a while.. actually 2days since I've replied. I have a question. I've been looking through the threads in this section and one thread has caught my eye.
"Lose stomach or bulk first". I have a little stomach, yes a little one, or should i say a little gut? I belive this is all loose fat from all the weight i've lost which is about 70-80 pounds. 220 to 145. can anyone help me before tommerow. I mean, I can lift then run cardio. I can take pictures then post them here, thank you very much.

ce50352c1fb4.jpg

Side shot of my whole body. ^^^^

02c55fbb4433.jpg

Body picture ^^^

I might look small but I will work on it! nothing will put me down :)!

Oh yeah... reason why I posted these pictures,to see if I need to lose my "gut". I really dont even think it is, just to make sure.

You don't have a gut to speak of bro. It is time to grow and add some calorically expensive muscle to your frame. I'd forget about cardio right now. I guess HIIT or sprinting would be okay for general conditioning or some incline walking, but just if you like to do it for conditioning, NOT because you need to keep bodyfat at bay. Right now just lift and get your squats, deadlifts, rows, and presses up.

When you begin growing muscle, your body comp will improve. Up your protein intake. Do you start the program tomorrow?

ahh ya i needed to get that out of the way!

Yes we start the program tommerow :) cant wait.
for protien intake, I went to costcos(like sams club).. I bought alote of high protien food like salmon, chicken breast, steak, turkey, tuna. everything :) I cant wait. Yeah, I do look small right now but wont be for long!

Thanks again!!

I agree, you stomach looks prime and ready for bulking...don't worry about trying to drop anymore fat, just think bulk now. Go get that hard to earn muscle, and worry about cutting fat later.

Thanks, I've gotten the same response from my dad. He was a bodybuilder when he was young, he's huge right now but ya know.. family and stuff, "the muscle is under him" :p. I'm physced for tommerow because I'm actually SERIOUS this time to work out and gain muscle. Also for my diet, I dont need a diet do i? Basically just eat all high protien foods, and I'm a little confused on how that works. Here's how I have planned out... for tommerow.

Morning : Oatmeal 'cinammeon'
12clock - Wheat with turkey/lettuice/tomatoes and a chocolate milk carten (school)
3clock - powerlifting, i belive all the way until 5 clock. so about 2 hours(NOT SURE)!
What should i do after that? Just eat high protien food right? Sorry.. i'm new to this :p

Top Bottom