x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -
puritysourcelabsdomestic-supply
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals

(PLing) squat stance not same as dead stance?

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about (PLing) squat stance not same as dead stance? within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: after establishing that a wider (sumo) stance is better in the long run for squatting competitively, why do many of the top squatters (who go sumo) use a conventional (narrow) stance for deadlifting? i'm thinking that it only makes sense to deadlift using the muscles in the stance that you train with and rely upon for your squat

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

jeremys

(PLing) squat stance not same as dead stance?

after establishing that a wider (sumo) stance is better in the long run for squatting competitively, why do many of the top squatters (who go sumo) use a conventional (narrow) stance for deadlifting?

i'm thinking that it only makes sense to deadlift using the muscles in the stance that you train with and rely upon for your squat

Guru
    Jeremy,

I am not a powerlifter, but I remember Spatts saying that a wide stance is best for her because it limits the range of motion. If I were you I would choose the stance that allows you to shift the most weight. I have a buddy who is a powerlifter that weighs 218 and is pulling 660. . .he used a sumo stance. Funny thing is. . he never trains for the deadlift.

Experiment bro. . experiment.

Muscle Pimp
    I use a wide stance for squats and deads, but if I had short little arms, I'd probably pull conventional rather than sumo. Like LS said, it's all about the shortest ROM.

Also, I would think for the guys that are hitting some really huge numbers, using the hips to squat wide might make them dog tired by the time deads roll around, so maybe they pull conventional because they're backs aren't as tired in comparison....I dunno.