Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

?!Rest time between sets?!

nobody1

Banned
What is the best time to rest between sets for maximum growth? Im just not sure. Looking for more of a GH release then fat burning.( not that much fat is burned )

I'm not so sure that GH release really has to do with rest time between sets. Like thatbloke said, for max GH release stay between 8 and 12 reps.

As far as I'm concerned, rest time serves a purpose based on two things:

1. If you would like to maintain a higher weight for more sets, obviously it would be ideal to give your muscles a little more rest in between sets. It has been my experience that this is better for strength training and the opposite is better for endurance training.
2. To control your workout time. honestly, a lot of the time spent in the weightroom is rest time, and so, if you dont have as much time to workout on some days, shortening your rest time will tire your muscles out faster and allow you to get a more full workout in less time. (This is how I've been working out in order to fit it between tight schedules)

its morely rest tiem between sets detemrien CNS recouperation, hence wy powerlifters rest so long between sets

e.g for bodybuilding, 2-3 minutes has been shown to be long enough to allow full ATP restoration

while its been shown it takes between 3-5minutes for considerable CNS recovery

and over 5-10 minutes for complete CNS recovery (depending on the weight used, and exercise performed)

basiacly the longer the rest period, the better CNS recovery, and therefore the more strength u can generate into each set (great for powerlifting)

Right, that was what I meant by longer rest recovery time = maintaining a higher weight for more sets.

Just don't know fancy schmancy bodybuilder terminology like you do :p

its morely rest tiem between sets detemrien CNS recouperation, hence wy powerlifters rest so long between sets

e.g for bodybuilding, 2-3 minutes has been shown to be long enough to allow full ATP restoration

while its been shown it takes between 3-5minutes for considerable CNS recovery

and over 5-10 minutes for complete CNS recovery (depending on the weight used, and exercise performed)

basiacly the longer the rest period, the better CNS recovery, and therefore the more strength u can generate into each set (great for powerlifting)

This.

Keep in mind also that it's not only great for powerlifting. At the end of the day, the stronger your muscles are, the more they will grow (assuming you're feeding yourself properly). The more muscle you have, the more fat you burn at rest.

Nutshell = rest between 2-4 minutes at least. Between deads and weighted chins, I'll sometimes rest 5 minutes or more.

very good info here thanks ,I actually was watching dragon ball z movie when I was reading thatblokes post, and then you say your friend nobody talks about dragonballz ,coincidence ?

What is the best time to rest between sets for maximum growth? Im just not sure. Looking for more of a GH release then fat burning.( not that much fat is burned )

I rest 2 minutes. Just enough to get my breathe back so I can still move heavy weight.

Top Bottom