Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

!help!

collin

once hockey season starts i have hockey 4 days a week...tuesday, thursday, saturday, sunday...i was planning on doing chest/back on mondays & thursdays , shoulders/tri's/bi's on tuesdays & fridays and legs with some plyometrics on wednesdays... between the hockey and weightlifting is that too much? {overtraining} also is it okay to weight lift a few hours before hockey practice? i did this same program last season and worked fine...

I wouldnt suggest it bro. I used to try and workout on the same days that I had football practice or a game and it really hindered my performance on the field. I would suggest doing a maintenance program until hockey is over and then you can put 110% of your efforts into bodybuilding. Maybe training each bodypart once or twice a week on the days your not playing hockey to keep your strength up etc.
:D:D

okay then for those days i want to lift weights but have hockey too, i have to get up for school at 6 so wut if i get up at 5:30 and do one bodypart or so then and one after school...?

collin said:
i did this same program last season and worked fine...

ok, so what's the problem if it worked fine last time?

I would however suggest that you worked each body part once a week, as Monstar said above, particularly if you are going to try to add some weight. I also agree that if you are trying to work around playing a sport, you should periodise your traing into on and off season phases (which can also be sub divided).

Top Bottom