Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

!!HELP!! Too Young

Lttldude9

I'm 14, 5', about 80 lbs. I'm on the wrestling team, and each practice, for about 40 minutes, we lift weights. I was wondering if lifting weights would stunt my growth. I have heard about lifting doing that, is that true? I don't think I have had my growth spurt yet. Is there a way I can lift safely? Also, some of the wrestler drink protein shakes to help repair their muscles after a workout. Is that safe for someone in my position. I think the one he uses is "Amplify" by NDS. Here is a site with the nutritional value: http://www.ndsnutrition.com/comersus/store/comersus_viewNutrData.asp?pIdProduct=10 The protein powder also has 18 different amino acids, what are those?

I was also wondering if there is anything i can do to gain weight, the safe/healthy way. I am about 10 lbs under weight for wrestling. My local GNC store said that I could use a "Complete Mass Building Forumula" to gain healthy weight. It has about 228 calories, 57g of Carbohydrates, and 3g of sugars. Is this a good way to gain weight?

Any advice would greatly be appreciated.
THANKS

No problems.

There is no problem about being too young.
Just make sure you workout with proper form so as not to cause long term damage to your growing joints and tendons.

My best friend started heavy compound body building (squats, SLDL, etc) at 12 years of age.
He is now 28 years old and is 6'4 weighing at 140 KG, and a very strong dude.
He did it all natural too, do not worry too much and just focus on your goals.

As for protein powders they are great but use it together with real food otherwise you could have too many intimate moments with the toliet seat hehe.

Try to eat at least 6 times a day with protein powders in between. A trick I use is to make a huge 4 litre bottle of protein drink the night before and put it in a cooler bag. Have a sip of it throughout the day.

Last edited:
AMINO ACIDS are the "building Blocks" of the body. Besides building cells and repairing tissue, they form antibodies to combat invading bacteria & viruses; they are part of the enzyme & hormonal system; they build nucleoproteins (RNA & DNA); they carry oxygen throughout the body and participate in muscle activity. When protein is broken down by digestion the result is 22 known amino acids. Eight are essential (cannot be manufactured by the body) the rest are non-essential (can be manufactured by the body with proper nutrition).

I am not too sure to tell you if lifting weights is going to stunt your growth. I think most people worry about their heights, other than that you are most probably okay. Some people actually start serious body building around your age so that they can get maximum results.

I would advise you to educate yourself more about proper diet and nutrition. Stay away from artificial stuff. Protien powder is not harmful but honestly it has more of a placebo effect. It is digested too fast to have any real impact on your body. Watch your diet, eat a lot of healthy food, excercise hard, talk to your doctor if necessary before your start your regime and stay away from fast food bud. No cola and no sugars and oily stuff.

If you watch your diet and just do light excersice like pushups and pullups in the morning i bet you will see very good results. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom