Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

!!!!!!

Thanks for the comments

I'll be back when I'm stronger and smoke this mofo :)

but first I gotta work on my form, that's what I lack, I just muscled it up.
Proper hip drive deadlift form will help me in the first phase of my olylifts of the ground so its worth doing. I'll do some knee cap rack pulls as well

Bfold - yeah I tried banded deads on a podium when I first got the bands, doubled purples with 135lbs, damn hard to lockout! Yeah it does force you to really explode hard off the floor.

My problem is that with oly lifts, you should pull off the flow slowly and then speed up as you approach the knee, sorta 2 phased.
I probably make it more so since I don't acclerate, I basicly pull slow and then boom, without a gradual speedup.
Whereas with the deadlifts that's not the case, so I have bad muscle memory patterns. Something I need to work on.

You remember a week or two ago I was asking about doing high pulls and if they would throw my deads off...??? lol....they do just a bit.

B True

Speed is one major factor, but the form is what throws me off. Do you think you hesitate at the knee because you have to kind of pull over your knees?

Either way, you're tenacious. I'm sure you'll get it next time. :)

Well I have short arms, short torso, and relatively long thighs, that mkaes my knee get in the way of everything. Making me have to start with hips higher up and more forward lean.
With Oly lifts its not a problem, because the knee moves back as you go up, sinc eyou just absicly leg press the weight up.

I may try sumo and see how I go. I use sumo at work to lift things up, it feels good, less lower back and more glute/hams, which I have plenty :)

Last edited:
b fold the truth said:
You remember a week or two ago I was asking about doing high pulls and if they would throw my deads off...??? lol....they do just a bit.

B True

do them from the hang or from blocks from knee level and you wil be ok. The areas below the knee are a waste of time and energy for you

Coolcolj, that was my next question...why not sumo? With your speed and flexibility, as well as glute/hip/ham strength, I bet you'd have a GREAT pull. That 3 step swing the bar goes through in your current pull looks potentially dangerous. Like a deadlift, SLDL hybrid...very hard on the back I'm sure.

I have been doing high pulls for the last few weeks, and I think they are actually helping me with my deadlift. (That was the intent when I started them.)

I start the high pulls from the same stance and height as I do my deads. Which, I think, is higher than you are suppose to for "true" correct form olympic lifts.

I have seen that it helps ME explode off the floor and try and use that momentum throughout the lift.

Joker

Top Bottom